• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 27.7 Won't Open (Stuck on Initializing)

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Illustrator 27.7, It's been working fine. The other day, it stopped responding and crashed out of nowhere. I haven't been able to open it since. It gets stuck at "Initializing" on the splash screen, and if I click the splash screen in that state, it will go black (while still showing the copyright info, artwork credit & Initializing text)  and the "Adobe Illustrator 2023 is not responding" dialog box pops up. I tried waiting to see if it would open, came back an hour later to no avail. Windows is up to date, GPU drivers are up to date. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even tired installing an older version. Same results everytime. Anyone have any idea of what's going on or how to fix this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please embed the images in your post next time? Thank you.

PLease tell us the hardware specifications.

DO you have any third party plugins installed?

Or a Wacom tablet? Or any other tablet?

Did you already reset the preferences? Which will erase all your settings. THis does not necessarily happen when uninstalling and reinstalling.

You could run the Adobe Cleaner tool after reinstalling. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have no plugins or tablets installed.
I've reset  preferences and have ran the Adobe Cleaner toolimage.pngimage2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @B. Serious,

We understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to use Illustrator on your computer. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly try the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. If the problem persists, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done everything listed, but nothing's worked. There is no Error Report or Crash Report because it won't even open.Not responding.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOBE RESET WIN

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

PREFS  RESET WIN (other)

Quit Illustrator

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings"  to anything else like "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings_old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. As a full time freelance graphic designer this is pretty detrimental to me. Looks like I'll be canceling my subscription and unfortunately taking my business elsewhere 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could contact Customer Care and have them take a look at it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines