• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator [CANT] error and plugin problem

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer run any creative cloud apps on one of our workgroup laptops running windows 10. They had been running fine, then one day Illustrator came up with a message that said it wasn't configured to run on a pc. After trying to reinstall Illustrator and no success, I used the CC Cleaner tool and then did a clean install. This is the message I get:

Then this one:

Then this one:

That didn't work so I repeated the cleaner tool and deleted all preferences and all Adobe app folders in each user's folder and reinstalled.

No matter what I do I get these messages when trying to run illustrator. I have an identical laptop that seems to be working fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add more info...

I can run in safe mode and I get this message:

It says to uninstall the plugin, but I can't get to preferences when running in safe mode. The only thing I can get to is that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Swatchlibs.aip".

if you uninstall it the swatches just won't work, as it's not in the preferences, it's pointing to the plugin folder itself.

You could try running Microsoft inbuilt System File Checker tool to make sure it is not a windows fault

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't uninstall swatches, so I uninstalled everything Adobe and got rid of all the preferences. When I reinstalled (after running the cleaner tool) I got the same series of errors.

I tried the file checker and got a clean bill of health.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem from few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up after days of no success. I reset my laptop back to factory settings and things work fine now. Not a solution, but the only thing I could think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Same thing I did. the error happen to me after a window update, even I uninstall the update, illustrator still not working. after few times of trying, I did reset my laptop too to get it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tengo el mismo problema en mi pc de escritorio y tengo bastante informacion no quiero formatearla, ayuda por favor !!!errorillustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Microsoft Surface and bought the Adobe Suite. Illustrator worked the first day but now I get the same plugin error. Photoshop works though. Haven't tried other programs. I know my Adobe programs but don't know anything about getting this fixed. I need advice too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen & All,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you mail me at the id:

rbhunwal ATTHERATE adobe DOT com

The above id is without spaces. Please do mention the forum thread link also in that mail.

Thanks,

Raghuveer

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines