• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC Duet Display Apple Pencil Pressure Sensitivity Issues with iPad Pro

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old wacom tablet is useless now that they stopped updating the drivers for mac OS, so I'm trying to get my iPad pro and apple pencil to work as a tablet for Illustrator CC. It works, but pressure sensitivity is blanked out when I try and make a new brush. I found an old thread (from 2015) that recommended installing wacom drivers. I installed the latest wacom driver, and pressure sensitivity is now an active selection, but the brush won't work at all with the apple pencil now. If I uninstall the wacom driver, the apple pencil works again, but still no pressure sensitivity option. Pressure sensitivity works in Photoshop CC (with or without the wacom driver), just not Illustrator. I've tried changing the pressure sensitivity curve in Duet Pro, but that doesn't make any difference. I've also tried mirroring and using the iPad it as a second screen, but that doens't make any difference.

Any suggestions? I'd really love to make this work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Duet Pro and ask them if they even support it.

You might need to try out other apps for mirroring the iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duet support has given me some suggestions, but they haven't come up with a fix yet. They had me disable GPU performance and install the latest Mac OS. Still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you might need to try out other apps for the same purpose.

There's no guarantee that any driver works with any app and they should be able to tell you if it is supposed to work at all. After all they made this. So the question is: do they get it to work on their side or not? And if they don't have Illustrator to even try out then chances are, that it just doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also don't be too sure that wacom is dead in the water just yet!

check youtube for answers, i was about to give up on large an intuos 3 which seemingly was dead under high sierra, but there was a sneaky work around, by installing latest drivers, then older ones again before restart that tricked it into working.  might be something similar for your software/hardware combo..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d0nut247  schrieb

check youtube for answers, i was about to give up on large an intuos 3 which seemingly was dead under high sierra, but there was a sneaky work around, by installing latest drivers, then older ones again before restart that tricked it into working.  might be something similar for your software/hardware combo..

Oh really? And it can be found on youtube? That's cool! I'll search for it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines