• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC version 22.0 is released...

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that we have released Illustrator CC version 22.0 short while ago.

Here are few of the many things we have accomplished this release.

• Properties Panel: Work faster - the new and intelligent Properties panel shows you only the controls you need when you need them.
  • Artboard Enhancements: Now create up to 1000 artboard, rearrange them. Objects locked to artboard now move with it.
  • Puppet Wrap: Puppet Warp lets you quickly create or modify a graphic without having to adjust individual paths or anchor points.
  • Typography Enhancements: Introducing SVG Color Fonts, variable Fonts, and stylistic sets. Do more with type objects starting this release.
  • Manage text in Creative Cloud Libraries: Libraries in Illustrator now support text, so you can store and access the passages you use most — like taglines, brand marketing descriptions etc... Plus, share text between Illustrator and InDesign libraries.
  • MacBook Touch Bar: Get instant access to core tools right when you need them on the contextual MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
  • And so much more: Also includes Faster launch times and greater stability.

Full release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Make It an Experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Illustrator CC now finally compatible with Mac OS High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m looking forward to trying out the Puppet Warp Tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/bend-shapes-warp-artwork.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, we do formally support High Sierra. There is just one ongoing issue on rendering on few Intel GPUs that we are working with Apple

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell us which Intel GPU the issue is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AndSonArt  wrote

Could you tell us which Intel GPU the issue is going on?

the bug is described on this UserVoice link : High Sierra (macOS 10.13) GPU rendering issues - Intel Graphics – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already found a couple of annoying bugs in the new version of Illustrator. Working with text is a nightmare now, the text size jumps up and down for no reason when I resize it.

And I still get the "the file has been modified outside Illustrator" message every time I save files in Dropbox on High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text bug:

Oct-18-2017 19-36-00.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tudor-v  wrote

Text bug:

Oct-18-2017 19-36-00.gif

Please attach a sample file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AshutoshChaturvedi  wrote

Please attach a sample file

Here it is:

Dropbox - AI2018 text resize bug.ai

Steps to reproduce the issue: open the file, select all, click and drag to resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tudor-v  wrote

Here it is:

Dropbox - AI2018 text resize bug.ai

Steps to reproduce the issue: open the file, select all, click and drag to resize.

tudor-v thank you for the file I could reproduce the issue in both CC 2017 and CC 2018 with the file. are you seeing the issue only in CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have CC 2017 anymore, but I don't remember seeing this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to say congrats, as 2018 Illustrator & Photoshop is one of the best releases i have seen since the new millennium.  The distortions on puppet warp are so well done, whoever worked on that should be proud.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have noticed a lot of issues/bugs.

1 - When you are selecting a text the cursor changes to a text tool and create a new text over the text

2 - When you make part of the text BOLD all text become bold after unselected it. I have to use command-Z all the time to make it some bold and others not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another bug, text size jumping up just by clicking on the size dropdown arrow. Cmd-Z has no effect in this case, doesn't undo the size change.

Oct-18-2017 19-56-31.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Alcindo+Correa+Filho  wrote

Yes, I have noticed a lot of issues/bugs.

1 - When you are selecting a text the cursor changes to a text tool and create a new text over the text

2 - When you make part of the text BOLD all text become bold after unselected it. I have to use command-Z all the time to make it some bold and others not.

We have not been able to recreate the issue. Please email us on sharewithai@adobe.com so that one of our support engineers can work with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn´t the swedish version released at the same time ? I can't find any update in my Creative cloud app. (I have a Mac!) The latest version is still 21.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries it just showed up... I hade to restart my MAC... didn't´t even help when i tid the cloud app to look for downloads. But after the restart it showed up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just update to the latest version of Illustrator 21.1.0 how can I get version 22

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank goodness the touch bar has been looked at we’ve been waiting for 10 or 15 years for that, oh no, actually that was rotate canvas... you added that too though right?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dandid  wrote

Oh thank goodness the touch bar has been looked at we’ve been waiting for 10 or 15 years for that, oh no, actually that was rotate canvas... you added that too though right?...

Please vote on your favorite feature here: Illustrator - Rotation of the Artboard – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no layer groups and layer comps?

*goes back to bed*

Updating PSD links with a different layer comp still changes all other instances to that layer comp?

*pulls sheet over head"

PS: Properties panel is totally chocolate teapot…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denbykev  wrote

Still no layer groups and layer comps?

*goes back to bed*

Updating PSD links with a different layer comp still changes all other instances to that layer comp?

*pulls sheet over head"

PS: Properties panel is totally chocolate teapot…

Please add and vote on your features here: Illustrator Feature Requests (320 ideas) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh,

Waited a day but still not getting the update in Chicago. Have been clicking the 3 dots in both locations, and check for updates. Have restarted my 10.10.5 Mac OS computer.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.13.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.15.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.20.43 AM.png

We do have filewave on our network, could that be interfering? Is software for automated deploy and software management for enterprise level software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines