• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crash and spikes GPU (3080ti) requesting more VRAM than usual error code 6 with pid=263

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work with high-amount data content and AI keeps crashing randomnly, on a high end station with 12900k, 32GB of RAM and a 3080ti. 

To reproduce the issue:

• I work with these rather heavier files up to a point
  • the whole PC stalls and freezes, (inclusively desktop and any app), mouse can't be moved, no input can be taken.
  • After a few seconds or 1+ minute, i hear the sound stuttering (if i was playing music during the crash)
  • then windows refreshes and, restores back functionality, but AI crashes instantly

By monitoring the activity i see there is a spike in the graphics card 3D usage and Copy meters (CTR-ALT-DEL)

Then, while checking in the event viewer, i see there is the error code 6 with pid=26304 tid=35132

which sends you to this link: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3553, but what raised a question to me was the sentence:  "  It can also be caused by the application sending to the graphics card a command stream that cannot be broken into small enough pieces to be processed."

Seen this while with NVIDIA studio drivers, tried also NVIDIA Game Ready driver (516.94), same behavior.

• Using the same graphics with CPU preview, never happens.
  • Same designs, on previous (Older AI versions) did not have this behavior.

There must be some sort of programming inconsistency between the RAM bus and the preview.

So please Adobe, check why is this spike sent to the GPU. This is not normal

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Later Edit:

Give AI 128 GB of ram and it will deplete it. Not normal at all. Managed to topup also my new 64GB setup with the designs i have been working (the more complex ones). I don't know what AI is pumping into the ram when copying huge amounts but not ok at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporarily, i managed to improve stability by adding some extra 32 GB of RAM totalling a 64GB setup (4x Module Name G Skill TridentZ F4-3600C16-16GTZNC on XMP2). Seems like the spikes are being managed a bit better.

Still adobe, i think you need to optimise this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Later Edit:

Give AI 128 GB of ram and it will deplete it. Not normal at all. Managed to topup also my new 64GB setup with the designs i have been working (the more complex ones). I don't know what AI is pumping into the ram when copying huge amounts but not ok at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS: Using CPU preview, does not spike, does not flood the memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines