• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing when I switch language

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator (28.2) crashing when I switch language from English to other language by input language hotkey I used 'Left Alt + Shift + 2' to change the language to Thai and the app crashed after I pressed these shortcut (But when I pressed 'Left Alt + Shift + 1' to change the language to English, the app was fine)

The app was totally fine when I type the text somewhere else (like notepad) then copy and paste the text

or even I switch the language by using taskbar, the app still working

My Operating system is Windows 10

I didn't receive the error messages or crash reports since the app was not reponding and frozen out

Actually, my After Effects got the same problem for a month but seems like no one could help me

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-keep-crashing-when-i-switch-l...

Thanks in advanced for any help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are changing the input language of the keyboard? Does it work when you change lanuage manually and not with the shortcut?

I suppose you already rebooted the computer and reset the preferences (which erases all your settings). Maybe let Customer Care take a look at this: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

I haven't seen too many people having experience with Thai language in Illustrator in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch the language by using language button on the taskbar, the app still working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sarash219202455hrd,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3SNJaoq) and checking if it helps? Also, kindly share a screen recording of the problem, and submit the crash report using your Adobe email address, and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/48vx7lK). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Illustrator is practically unusabel due to this. I NEED to change the language, but Illustrator instantly freezes.

I need a refund!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you quit Illustrator, change language and start Illustrator, does that work?

I am on a Mac, which does not have that  shortcut switch option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Macs here, in my area everybody uses Windows...

Starting with a language already set works slightly different...

Windows is configured to switch the language separately for every application. Therefore, starting AI defaults to English (but this can be anything else). Therefore, changing the language has to be done while AI is already running.

Another important thing is that the language has to be switched while AI is open, because different texts has to be typed in several different languages - an obvious case of using multiple language inputs.

Currently there is one single way to use Illustrator: write the texts in another software, eg. Notepad, then copy/paste every single piece of text to in its place... Quite archaic and very time consuming.

Accidentally switching the language means UNRESPONSIVE FREEZE (End task), the only way to recover the work is frequent saves or the automatic recovery.

As a software developer I really feel ashamed. Adobe really needs a deep bugfix edition for all their applications and also needs banning those incompetent developers and testers. Years ago all Adobe software was free of such basic untested bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the program freeze, i was like... forced to restart the program, so the program's still work until i hit the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarash219202455hrd and @Angelic_Gemstone5C49,

Sorry to hear about this experience.  I am hopful that the issue is resolved now. If not, I would request if you could share some more details like:

Are you seeing this behavior in other apps too? @Sarash219202455hrd, I saw that you reported similar issue with After effects too. Was that resolved? 

Exact verison of Illustrator you are working on?

We're here to help! 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Windows 10 and Illustrator 28.5 64bit crash on switching languages via shortcut keys. It doesn't happen in app without opened or created documents. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Illustrator

2. New Document

3. Switsh language with shortcut key (alt+left shift+1, alt+left shift+2...). Illustrator not responding anymore.

This bug is existant for a while but I can not say when it was introduced (I think i registered it in 2023 first time).

Since it very easy to reproduce there is no need to ask users for video. Of other applications, InDesign and Photoshop, at least, aren't affected with this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Nikola.K,

Hey there, we understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. I tried replicating this behavior on my end by opening a new file in Illustrator and then switching between languages (Windows + Space) in the text box, but I was unable to do so. 

Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4f7eVTV) and checking if they help? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/4fczTAy). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nikola.K

We're still waiting for your response on this issue. Please update the discussion to let us know if it has been resolved or if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response on this, please? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @dusan_8073,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/3Z101sT) and checking if they help? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. The steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/3WM1yQN). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines