Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still dealing with this issue! is there any fix???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.1.0 has finally solved my most obvious performance issues with Illustrator (Win 10, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, 980ti).  I hate that it took this long to fix an issue plaguing high end hardware, but I am pleased so far. Camera panning, zooming and menu navigation are all zippy. I'll edit this post if for some reason I get slowdowns after extended use, as that was the only issue I haven't been able to test thoroughly.

it was frustrating to experience such terrible performance, only to go into work and get a better illustrator experience on a 4 year old macbook pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I posted.

Last time I wrote in this forum, I had my hard drives reformatted, a new install of Windows 10. And the Nvidia GTX 970. The problems remained the same with Illustrator, no matter which version, even the latest beta.

I switched video cards and I have now a GTX 980Ti. To my surprise, all the problems are gone! ...So far Illustrator has been working well, even the Wacom tablet Intuos known bug seems to be gone. I am not sure how or what was the problem. But it seems that maybe the GTX 970 was to blame, though it worked with everything else.

But I have not tested enough to work with Illustrator and Photoshop opened at the same time and parsing elements from AI to PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update did not resolve the issue with Nvidia 10XX cards. I have a 1070GTX and cannot use Illustrator. It crashes when opening files. Yes I can delete preferences files and do other temporary fixes, but this doesn't last more than 30 minutes before becomming unstable again.

Terrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a Dell XPS 15 9550, Core i7-6700K, GTX960M, 16GB RAM.

Been using the latest update since it came out. Performance has certainly improved for me. I've yet to notice any slow downs after long work sessions or sudden crashes ( had 1 crash, but was working on a large file ) that have been issues for me since early 2016. However, since the latest update I've noticed that performance was laggy when I was working unplugged with the laptop battery, which was never an issue before. Changing the power management mode in Nvidia control panel (specifically for Illustrator) from optimal to maximum performance fixed this for me.

Overall, the new update has made Illustrator much more stable and reliable to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Intel i7-5820K, 32GB RAM, 512 SSD, Nvidia GTX 980

Illustrator is still having issues for me.  Panning/zooming is sluggish.  New preferences file, Nvidia control panel set to 'Maximum Performance', etc.

Only way to make it usable is to switch to CPU preview, but that's a temporary workaround not a fix.

Any updates, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Please send screen recording, system info (Illustrator > Help Menu > System Info)  and test file to ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been inactive with Adobe issues. I just like to say I am still using my old Adobe Illustrator 9.0 on my i5 notebook with dual graphics (Intel & Nvidia520M). I can run it only with the the i5 igpu  and it can run on my desktop with a radeon RX470 gpu. I wanted to go Nvidia 1060 this time so my 3D cad may work bit faster but can't as I won't be able use my Illustrator 9. But with a newer versions of Illustrator, I never knew that problems still exist some ways. regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using a my 2014 Macbook Pro with no problems using Adobe Illustrator. However I recently switched over to a PC i7-6850K CPU and two EVGA 1080 GFX cards. And I find that when I use AI after about 1 hour it starts to seriously lag... getting worse as time goes on. The only way I have been able to temporarily resolve this is to close AI entirely and then re-open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem still hasn't been fixed. I have the newest Illustrator CC 2018, newest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 970 and the newest updates for Windows 10, but whenever I try to use GPU acceleration for Illustrator, every little thing I try to perform, for example zooming, gets laggy as hell and can take 10-20 seconds (with the screen blackening and Illustrator "not responding" while doing it) to work. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julybeibs,

That is weird as it has been fixed for a lot of people.

It still does that for me with big files (lots of paths and massive resolutions) but with normal designs its running smoothly.

I also have the GTX 970 and Windows 10 (all up to date), and my CPU is Intel Core i7.

What CPU are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a I7-4790k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julybeibs,

I also have been having terrible problems with illustrator crashing every time I try and use the pattern make tool

on 2018 edition paying monthly is a waste of time if can’t get this to work!!

just bought a new pc as Adobe said my old pc wasn’t powerful enough, the graphics card is a GTX Nvidia 660

so wonder if this is why im having these problems too!!

let me know if you get any results

thanks

Cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this ever resolved? I'm still having problems!!! I had to uninstall 26.31 and install an older version because it was so slow I couldn't even work. I, still having issues with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines