Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with last version and i have up to date all drivers in my pc ,
4770 CPU
970 G1 Gaming GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i want to say it's good work with CPU graphics 4600 but gtx 970 very bad compatible with illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rama,

That is great news thank you and thanks to the team for fixing it.

Just one question.

If you have installed the Pre Release, do you just leave it and do the update via CC app?

Or do i need to get rid of the pre release some how?

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed the latest RC build then you can leave as it is, otherwise update via CC app should get you the latest.

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 21.1.0, all seems to be like in the pre-release, no laggs, smooth menu. Good job on the release!

System:

2x GTX 1080 (completly up2date)

64GB RAM

i7 6900k

Windows 10 (completly up2date)

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, Rama, i installed the new release that came today which you said had the fix, the performance is still TERRIBLE on it compared to the pre-release, so me and the rest here in the studio are still using the pre-release.

performance still includes lagg when you pan/zom/move stuff around.

also, i cannot open .ai files from the desktop or server with this final release, i have to go into file->open and browse to it to open stuff, this does not occur in the pre-release. Works fine there.

And yes i have reinstalled and set all settings to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robert,

Please check version of the updated Illustrator, it should read 21.1.0.

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does say 21.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robert,

Please send screen recording, system info and test file to ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in update 21.1.0...critical problem nvidia card fixed or no ? I currently in version cc 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day All,

I do not know if this will assist anyone or help the team to fix more problems.

I have used the pre release virsion which definatly had improvements on the mentioned problems (slowness, crashes, compatebilety usues ect).

Then the update came along and I have updated AI to the 21.1.0 version and you expect all mentioned problems above will also be fixed.

When I launch AI from the Desktop it loads fast, the GPU Performance is Enabled and all problems are fixed.

But when I launch AI by opening a project file (.ai file), the startup time is much longer, The GPU Performance is Disabled and all problems are back.

How is this even possible?

So now I always launch AI from the Desktop or Start Menu, then open up the AI project file and all will be fixed and fast.

But i have checked it again and agian, if you laucnh the program by opening up a project file the bugs and lags are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean-Pierre Nel,

We would like to investigate GPU issues when you launch Illustrator by opening a project file. Please send your confirmation and convenient time for screen sharing to ShareWithAi@adobe.com.

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 2017.1.0. Illustrator no longer presents me problems of lag nor slowness. 2 Hours of use with illustrator, 6 open tabs of heavy documents, no hang or slowness. Thanks Adobe for listening to Nvidia users.

My machine:

AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB

16 GB Ram

Windows Anniversary Update 64 Bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I downloaded the pre-release, as well as just updated to the new 2017.1.0 version and am still having the NVIDIA to Illustrator compatibility issue. The program becomes non-responsive once I click new or open from the welcome screen. I can provide more info if needed. Would love to get some help and get this working.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gulzebk

Please update your GPU drivers to latest and if still face this issue then provide information requested in this link Share information about a crash to ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. After spending over an hour on the phone with Adobe Illustrator tech support and even allowing them remote access to my machine there is still no solution. While on the phone we did all the obvious things that I had already done before I ever called - we updated NVIDIA drivers (twice), updated Illustrator, tried repairing C++ files (?) and many other things that the Adobe techs did remotely on my computer that I didn't even understand. Twice they said the problem was fixed and abruptly ended the phone call before waiting or checking to see if it actually was fixed - which it wasn't. And it still isn't. I rely on Adobe products for my income, and right now I am losing money because instead of fixing this issue or at least giving us some tangible information to hold on to, Adobe keeps pointing us toward false solutions and/or tactics to evade giving any real answers or assistance. I understand that bugs happen, and that's life. If this is a bug that Adobe has not yet figured out how to fix then please just tell us that, instead of acting like the problem is on our side of things. It is absolutely for sure an Adobe-originated problem. Please fix this soon. I am literally losing money over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I let the Adobe customer service VPN my computer, and I ended up reformatting my drive and reinstall Windows...

Anyway, do you mind describing your hardware configuration? Wondering if you have an Nvidia video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Roesti -

4gb Nvidia GTX 980M

24gb ram

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7 w 4 cores

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be you use not stable OC Windows 10 ?  Win10 very bad OC. I'm use Win 7 64x, Illustrator CC2014 and there are no problems. And let the program an old -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markt55475747,

Are you updated your Illustrator to version 21.1.0?

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

What NVIDIA Display Driver do you have installed? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if its the bug as I was redirected here from another thread about Illustrator lagging every 30min to 1 hr and requires a reboot.

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit

Xeon E3-1535M @ 2.9ghz 2.8ghz

32gb ram

Nvidia Quadro M3000M 4GB (version 376.62), tried different versions but also slugging

Illustrator CC 2017.0.2 (64 bit)

any solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illist,

Please update your Illustrator to 21.1.0, this issue is fixed in this update.

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines