Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rama,

Thanks for getting back. I need to see if my junk mail folder caught your email.

Thanks for getting back on these issues.

I have emailed Wacom also regarding the problem, got a case, but never heard back from them. I tried twice to contact them.

Regarding issue #3: my boot drive C: was reformatted and I no longer can retrieve the dump file. I have not been working with Illustrator seriously since 10 days. But next time it will happens, I will try to send to you a new dump file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I used color picker the software is so slow even let me begin to suspect my PC should be upgrade. I'm so disappointed with adobe's engineer. The key to the problem is just to change the Power Management Mode of the GPU? Oh my God! Why the answer is not told by the engineer, it's only a easy problem but is difficult to find by designer. For this problrm, I even upgrade my HDD to SSD! And reinstall the Windows10! Oh my God! F~C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to understand your answer. You're saying that your processor was under powered resulting in data corruption, therefore affecting Adobe Illustrator, but only a specific task like picking a color?!? uh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded 2 workstations from Illustrator 2014 to 17 and the issue of the machines slowing down to the point of being unusable ensued. Same issue as I reported earlier with my i7.

These are older Xeon processor machines in use for 3 years on Windows 7 with Nvidia K4000 and the super old 331.82 driver.

They were running Illustrator CC 2014 fine.

The only change we made was installing CC 2017 and then tried downgrading to 2015 which didnt help.

The issue was far more pronounced on these older machines than my newer workstation. Illustrator was 100% unresponsive after 30-60 min of use, where on my i7 machine, illustrator would still "technically function". Photoshop still runs....barely. 10+ seconds for the file open window to appear (after hitting ctrl+O) But no signs of problems in the task manager.

These machines don't have integrated graphics so our only option is to downgrade to CC 2014.

These machines ran fine until a few days ago, and the only thing that changed on them is the version of Illustrator. They are now completely unusable if running CC2015-2017. This further points to Illustrator 2015 and up being the primary issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are u trying the pre-release illustrator? update your nvidia drivers and download the pre-release build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vpacheco,

Did you test this and confirm that it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, works better than the old cc2014, im using now in the work but still isn't that good as the OS X version. (in performance) but at least works good without slowing down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tested it and wrote in a few messages earlier. It doesnt fix the issue. Maybe you are experiencing something different? Or maybe the issue is slower to appear in the pre-release? It was just as bad for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some freezing after selecting top menu after some time on big files, then work fine. Prerelease win 10 last nvidia drivers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you link the pre-release New Nvidia driver? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keith,

"The issue was far more pronounced on these older machines than my newer workstation. Illustrator was 100% unresponsive after 30-60 min of use, where on my i7 machine, illustrator would still "technically function". Photoshop still runs....barely. 10+ seconds for the file open window to appear (after hitting ctrl+O) But no signs of problems in the task manager"

Please share screen recording, system info and test files for the above issue at ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rama,

Is Adobe able reproduce the issue internally? Please let us all know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-release didnt work for me. 20 min of use and system stuttering and lag begin.

1 hour in its unusable.

AI eventually freezes on older machines with nvidia + CC2015 and up. I mentioned this earlier.

Windows 10

Illustrator CC 2107 (PR)21.2.0

i7-6700, 32GB

nVidia Quadro M2000  v376.84

SLOW ILLUSTRATOR CC 2017 - YouTube​

Last half show making a new (tiny) doc in Photoshop. Before and after AI running.

With AI running it takes 9 second for the new window to appear. After quitting AI it is instant.

(i made this video quickly -so its sloppy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm reporting back after having 3 days of proper performance with the Illustrator CC 2017 pre-release.

In my last post, I said that it didnt work, but I was running the wrong 21.1 pre-release. That post was incorrect.

Rama from Adobe helped me get set up properly with the correct pre-release version and I can confirm from my 3 days in an intensive AI workflow that it works and the slow-down is fixed.

Note to anyone who is going to DL the pre-release. My experience so far is that (due to being a pre-release) its much less stable than a proper release. I have had many work-losing crashes... especially during saves. In particular, it seems to crash if I attempt to enter commands at any point while the save process is happening. So for now, I'm trying not to multi-task when saving. Not a bad temporary trade-off for being able to use my GPU again.

Rama, Thank you.

We hope to see you on these forums again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Keith!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which version is the correct one, is it the feature complete build?
As far as I can tell there's three different ones..

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, please use the release candidate (date marked as posted 13 days ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah got a pm explaining it for me, and now I've been running gpu-rendering for almost two days straight without any slowdowns. Even though it took waaay too long before it got fixed, it's awesome having it working now.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Installed the pre-release and have not had a system slow down at all (yet). It's been 5 hours (or so) and everything is running smooth. No lag. No waiting around for menus to catch up to the click. Selecting multiple objects is responsive etc. Working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if people could do a similar test as I did in those videos and share their results, either doing a video screen grab like I did or just replying to this threat.

I am also wondering it anyone is using a Wacom or not? It would help everyone.

03/01/2017 Adobe Illustrator Patch CC2017 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-release has greatly improved the issue. Thank you! I was dead in the water.

Problem was: Illustrator would (A) cause system-wide slowdown, (B) create system-wide GPU problems with display, and (C) freeze. This problems would inevitably manifest within 5 minutes of Illustrator being open, whether or not Illustrator was being interacted with.

Windows 7 Professional

Intel Core i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60 GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 logical processors

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro K1100M, driver 376.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Prerelease after suffering with the live version of Illustrator 2017 and as far as I can tell it works properly, been playing arround with the menus just to force some kind of lag issue and nothing, everything seems fine. Hoping for a soon live release.

I downloaded the 500~ mb prerelease client, I don't know if that's the one we were supposed to download but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2017, and when I did so, all heck broke loose.

Selecting 'tools' from Illustrator seems normal.... but as soon as I click onto an object path.... and do ANYTHING with an object such as altering the shape, moving it, copying it, etc...... it takes a full 3 seconds before my action results in a re-action.

It is driving me insane.

I have a Windows 7 machine with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 graphics card..... 32gbs of DDR4 memory on my motherboard..... and a blazing fast Pentium I7 processor.... I built this thing for speed and Illustrator is like a governor on my throttle.

I don't know what happened with the latest Illustrator cloud upgrade...but it ruined EVERYTHING....

Has there been a definitive fix?  What exactly was the problem?  Illustrator or the Nvidia drivers?  Thanks for a recap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't the last version of illustrator... is the last version of illustrator pre release (RC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem sounds a bit different than what most people in this thread was experiencing. My advice would be to make a new thread where you explain in more detail what your issue is. Good luck though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines