Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can join prerelease program by following this link Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. But I don't see any download relative to this forum Nvidia problem. And the latest download says it's 27 days.

Any idea? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message said "watch for...end of the week".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-release build with fix is posted in pre-release website. You can download, extract and use the build once you complete the pre-release sign-up - Adobe Prerelease

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! im downlloading and trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS! 20 minutes into the test, works like a charm and its blazing fast just like before. Finally, is there any specific dev/team that I can thank?

PS: rama@adobe When do you think are you guys merging this build into the final version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately we cannot discuss any release timelines for the release or prerelease feature set on this forum. We can however discuss much more frankly on the prelreease forum about these. 🙂

you will have to maintain confidentiality of the information about discussion on prerelease program. Your participation and your knowledge of this information cannot be shared outside of the people on prerelease  group per your acceptance of the Prerelease Agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom! works like a charm with a 1gb file with 20 artboards!

final release now please!;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was trying the new Pre/release and so far it works much better on my computer! Thank you very much, I hope the final update is coming out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it. Do you mind explaining where to install, how to use it?

I placed it in the Programs directory, created a folder and I am getting this message error:

Adobe_Illustrator_fix_not_working.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just extract the zip in desktop,  this create "win64_release" folder... double click on direct access and voilá.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m think GPU Acceleration works perfect, the build crash randomly but is just a "pre-release", I'll be waiting for the official update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Langoso, I did leave it on the Desktop.

I did a test and, unfortunately, it is as slow as before. Here is a recording of it to explain more:

03/01/2017 Adobe Illustrator Patch CC2017 - YouTube

I must admit I really hoped it would resolves this problem I have since about June 2016. I am sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your CPU? can you share that "example" file?... moving elements is always slow (PC and MAC) but "moving" the view with space + click was laggy and it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was built at a chain store named Fry's here in the US.

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR

Intel 6700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia MSI GTX 970

Here is the file via dropbox:

Dropbox - Test_GPU_patch.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your test file and here is my results:

GTX 1050ti + Windows 10 = Slow copy and paste, slow rotating and slow moving... But fast GPU Aceleration zoming in, zooming out and moving.

GTX 980ti + Windows 10 = Slow copy and paste, slow rotating and slow moving... But fast GPU Aceleration zoming in, zooming out and moving.

GTX 980ti + Hackintosh OS X Sierra = Fast copy and past, fast rotating and fast moving.. everything is smooth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nalgoso,

What NVIDIA Driver version?

Are you using the Adobe Illustrator prerelease that was mentioned earlier by Adobe staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my nvidia drivers are 378.66 in both PC's (1050ti and 980ti), and the latest Nvidia Web Driver in hackintosh.

Like i said, im using the pre release build and gpu aceleration is working well (i think), but with the example file posted hours ago i have the next results:

---------------------

GTX 1050ti + Windows 10 = Slow copy and paste, slow rotating and slow moving... But fast GPU Aceleration zoming in, zooming out and moving.

GTX 980ti + Windows 10 = Slow copy and paste, slow rotating and slow moving... But fast GPU Aceleration zoming in, zooming out and moving.

GTX 980ti + Hackintosh OS X Sierra = Fast copy and paste, fast rotating and fast moving.. everything is smooth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Prerelease build and the GPU is not recognize anymore. Is there a way to add it? I have a GTX 960. Is Illustrator not supporting these video cards anymore?. It's seen in the current official build. Thanks!

P.S.

In a way it's funny because indeed this fixed the problem, I don't have to worry about the good old GPU anymore  BOOM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I decided to have a technician take a look at my computer. He's someone who set a lot of computers here in Los Angeles for professional creatives, editors, graphic designers, etc. I spurge $200 to check my computer. He reformatted the drive, reinstall a fresh Windows 10. Tonight, I just reinstalled Adobe Cloud, Photoshop CC2017, Illustrator CC2015.3, and the rest. But I didn't install any other software, or utility. I am keeping it clean, to see how Illustrator will behave.

I just opened Illustrator and did the test simple test like I did in my previous comment.

Result: same as before. Buggy, scaling a group is slow.

Nest step: I will try again the "win64_release.zip" that Adobe suggested yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried the patch version: same problem, slow.

I did try something else: uncheck the GPU...and now it's faster!

So I will try in the next few days to see if after a few hours it starts to lag or not. I will post some update later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roesti,

Please share screen recording, system info and test files at ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rama,

I sent to you a system info, 4 videos screen recordings link via youtube, the .AI file via dropbox.

I hope this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's been a few days, I have not yet tested this new patch intensively.

But I did changed the video card: I switched the MSI GTX 970 with a EVGA GTX 980 Ti.

The result seems the same, slow with GPU enabled. Faster without GPU.

So at least I know it's probably not the video card.

I sent my logs and recording like I was asked, but no answer, not even acknowledgement of receiving my files.

Please, Adobe or Nvidia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roesti,

I replied to the e-mail id from which we received the details on ShareWithAi@adobe.com. I am copying the response here as well

We identified 3 issues from the screen recording you shared

Issue #1: Selection Performance: we are working on improving the selection and snapping performance, as you are already in pre-release, in a month time i will share a build with the fix.

Issue #2: Dialog shows up after delay: We could reproduce this issue with Wacom and we are actively working on fixing this issue.

Issue #3: In one of your screen recording, Illustrator crashed. Please follow the steps listed in below article and share the dump file with us

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines