Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem, I'm using a GTX 660 and I thought by buying a newer model ( Gtx 1060 ) would be better, but luckily I've found this thread. I´m using a 2560 x 1440 Monitor and if I turn off GPU on Illustrator the zooming and panning become useless, so I need a solution with GPU active.

My computer

Dell Precision T5500

RAM: 30 GB

CPU: 2 X Intel Xeon X5650 @2.67 ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 (2GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happened to this? any update from Nvidia support? @, regards!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm we are working with Adobe. Hope to have a update early next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! it's good news,  i'll be waiting for that fix! regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it´s monday morning and im on the ball! will we get any update today ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We identified the cause and fixed this issue in our internal pre-release branch. Watch out for my mail on pre-release build by end of this week. If you want to try the fix, you can sign-up for pre-release, download the build and try after my mail on pre-release build with this fix.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

[you can join prerelease program by following this link Adobe Prerelease​]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, where do i sign up for the pre release?

About time you fixed this Hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Prerelease

(www.adobeprerelease.com)

Be aware that it's possible for funky things to happen with PreRelease software, and you might think carefully about installing on your primary machine - I've had to do complete CC uninstall/reinstalls in the past after installing a Prerelease version of Illustrator.  At the very least, you might want to make a backup (into a different folder) of your Preferences file, so not all is lost if you have to wipe and start again.

All that aside, I'll be watching the builds for this bug to show in the Fixed list. (As of this moment, the most recent build is from 4 weeks ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome news, love it! Good job guys!
One question though: If we get the pre-release version by the end of this week, when can we count with you guys pushing your branch onto the master so that its in the final version of AI? I guess the pre-release versions tend to be a bit more buggy right?

Great news to start the week, looking forward to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, excelent news, im already join to pre-release for illustrator, i'll be waiting for the build. So many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Can't wait for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried out the pre-release 21.1.0 from March 1 2017 and the issue with system-wide crippling slowdown still exists. The issue has not been fixed.

To reiterate the issue: this is system wide slowdown occurring and compounding as illustrator runs. All menus, all functions all GUI's in any application with slow down to the point of being unusable. This is not about a single slow function or slow performance with complex files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Keith for the feedback with the prerelease build much appreciate. Can you remind which driver you are running? Can you double check you are running the latest Quadro Driver: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX 760 win10 pre-release 21.1.0 no laging, it seams work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pkirst.

I updated to the latest Nvidia driver: 376.84 and re-enabled my QuadroM2000. Im using Illustrator pre-release 21.1.0. I have tested with GPU acceleration and off. The issue is still there. Neither the driver update or the pre-release have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and used the Pre-Release today at work as my normal AI was at a point of unusable.

The Pre-Release seams to have fixed a lot of bugs as the crashes upon opening projects, the lag of the UI and over all speed of system feels fixed.

Although I have still experienced some lag in moving, zooming and definitely image trace (i know can usually take long, this time it was on crashing point).

Will keep using and report any problems that i come across.

But over all, it is definitely much better as i could actually get though a crazy day of work without to much problems.

PC Specs:

Nvidia GTX 970M

Driver Version: 378.66

Windows 10 Home (64 bit)

Core i7-5700HQ 2.70GHz

16 GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would love a response from nvidia / adobe on this matter, i have petitioned a ticket to Adobe, and gotten the case escalated to the next level, but they have told me they would call me 3 days now but no call back.

i went ahead and installed Affinity, which also has a GPU accelerated module, works FLAWLESS.

so, can we have a Adobe representative please comment on this mater, because we are about to unsub with all our accounts and switch to something that works ( i save HOURS working with a program i dont fully know, to be honest, i probably understand 25% of the features and how to achieve same results as in illustrator / photoshop )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to make things worse my AI CC 2014 started lagging today for no reason, even a white canvas lags with GPU performance on. CPU preview works fine. Very tired of Adobe + NVIDIA combination, next time I'll get an AMD card I guess...

Same specs:

W10

16 GB RAM

i5 4690K

GTX 970

Windows and AI installed on a SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I can tell you it's a Nvidia and Windows Issue. I've tried a Radeon RX 480 and it work without any problems. So if you need Illustrator this might be a temporary fix.

This is unbelievable, I had the issue for a while now and I can't believe a vector based app like illustrator has so many problems. The new Adobe Experience App works so smooth and it's also vector based. WHY!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Radeon RX 480 for a week instead of the GTX 970, but the problem was the same.

But can you tell what motherboard or computer brand you are using?

At this stage if a video card or another motherboard works better, I would switch in a minute. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this problem with a Intel B150 mb chipset (i7 7700) and the same with a z170 (i7 6700K), the problem is windows... in hackintosh run perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Asus ROG IX Code z270, but I don't think it's the motherboard. Let's see if the new version will fix this. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i just changed my GTX 1070 for a GTX 980ti (finally i got GPU aceleration in hackintosh) and i can tell you it's a problem between windows and nvidia... works perfect in my hackintosh, just perfect. but in my work i use a gtx 1050ti + windows 10, so i can't be happy without fix..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, how do we sign up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines