Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Running a gtx 960 and i7 6700k terrible performance from illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty please Adobe, look into this. Seems like its a Nvidia graphics card issue related to the UI. Mine is GTX1060 6gb, on windows X.

All other Adobe apps are fine for me, purely Illustrator. Totally not related to load. Absolutely related to using the UI (menus, pop-ups, dropdowns).

System goes back up to speed once Illustrator is closed, even with all other Adobe apps open, doing big processes and load.

Come now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue since Illustrator CC 2015 and not a single solution, and still present on Illustrator CC 2017. I'm going back to Illustrator CC 2014

i5 4690K, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running GTX 1070 and having this same issue. Drop down menus (file, edit, etc) are the only thing that lag for me and its after about 10 minutes of light work on a very simple object. I contacted adobe and they tried to reinstall the drivers and reset preferences and all that other stuff, and nothing. Adobe seriously needs to address this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting hideous performance slow downs. Especially when launching the save or open dialogue. Hello Adobe? Anyone home?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continues for me after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why but looks like I have the same problem.

Illustrator works slowly and crashes every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in the 2017.0.2 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there folks,

my name is Peter from NVIDIA. We would like to work on this issue with the Adobe team. I am reviewing the thread to confirm the best way to reproduce this issue internally.

Appears to me Windows 10 is a common denominator along with a NVIDIA GPU?

Does the Adobe illustrator version matter?

Anyone have a youtube video of the problem?

thanks!

peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for the inquiry. I hope you and your team can resolve this issue.

I am currently running Windows 10 with a GTX 980ti .. Intel 6700k, 16gb of ram.

The issue arises after 15-20 minutes of use in adobe Illustrator with the latest update.

What I am personally experiencing is heavy lag when accessing the menus, especially the open and save dialogue.

Also some of the tools seem to lag here and there. Illustrator also takes a very long time to exit.

When I exit illustrator and relaunch it seems that the problem is fixed. Then after about 15-20 minutes the problem begins again.

The latest update has seemed to help slightly but I still get the lag after longer periods of use.

I do not experience this issue when using Illustrator 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and your machine information.

Can you confirm which NVIDIA Driver you are using/installed

What steps, tools and/or actions in Illustrator show the issue? Is there a sample project that you could share with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on my work computer which also experiences the issue.

Im running the GTX 660 here with driver version 369.09

It really doesnt matter what the project entails. The issue occurs with any sort of file open. You can start with a new project and create some paths and shapes. Let it sit for some time. 15-30 minutes. Then come back and try using menus, tools, save as or open dialogues.. If its not lagging yet wait a bit longer. Then try again. Also try using other programs on your computer. Browse around some files in Windows. I was getting a complete computer slow down when I experienced the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have taken short video for you that describes fastest way how to reproduce this bug. It is quite stupid way but it works. It is 60 fps video but it is hard to captureI still hope its obvious. Keep in mind that its only after several minutes of doing something in Illustrator. In working process it is much worse after several hours.

Illustrator slows down pc - YouTube

My tech spec:

Intel Core i7, 16 GB ram, GTX 660.

I am sure this is definitely nvidia problem, because when I switch to Intel onboard card everything seems to be ok. As I said in first post lots of free RAM, VRAM too, CPU load is only several %.

One thing that could be helpful: If you start Illustrator and stay in welcome screen (dont create new document). If you try to reproduce bug here, you probably wont succeed. So maybe its something to do with palletes, windows, atc.

Pls keep us informed and May the Force be with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the easy repo detail via Youtube.

Let me work with our dev/qa team and I will post an update here.

For reference, the NV bug number is : 1862433    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 970 GTX. Slowdown creeps in over time. It affects the whole system, once it's there. Particularly Photoshop.

Normal functioning: Illustrator CC 2017: Normal Functioning after Startup with NVIDIA GTX 970 - YouTube

Slowdowns: Illustrator CC 2017: Slowdown Bug with NVIDIA GTX 970 - YouTube

If you solve this problem you will be my personal hero.

I should add, I have added an AMD card to the same motherboard and if Illustrator is executed on a monitor that is powered by that card, there are no more issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Quick update, we are investigating - we have what we need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working with Adobe Illustrator team on what we have found. Please give us this week to conclude our findings with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, we are still investigating. I will keep everyone posted once there is information worth sharing.

Thanks for the additional users affected and hardware information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who are you tho? Do you work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked him, hes working for NVIDIA (probably dev). Thanks Peter for not just pushing this issue over to Adobe and same to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alfonso, I work for NVIDIA. 🙂  Please let me know if you have a set of repo steps we can add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just wondering if you are close to any positive news/finds about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noah,

We are still working with Adobe. We have a follow-up with them to discuss in more details.  No positives as of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for the fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines