• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS4 crash with Mac OS X.10 Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after installing Mac OS X.10 Yosemite, my Illustrator CS4 doesn't open and block with this message below. I run the latest version of Java. Anyone has an idea or a solution to fix this bug ? ?   Capture d’écran 2014-10-17 à 21.54.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

After installing Yosemite I had the same issue trying to open Illustrator. These were my first steps:

After installing the JavaForOSX2012-001, uninstalling and reinstalling my CS4 I finally found this thread (above) which worked!

This option worked for me (thanks brattwurtz):

1     Force restart on mac

2     Start Photoshop CS4

3     Start AI CS4

4     When you get the alert popup, with Photoshop now open, it allows me to click on "don't show again", and click "OK"

Hurry up Adobe and give us a real fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problen here, help, anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, had the same issue, found a work around, not a fix.

1     Force quit AI.

3     Start AI CS4

4     when you get the alert popup, with Photoshop now open, it allows me to click on "don't show again", and click "OK"

5     quit Photoshop

Now AI should continue to work so long as it is open.

AI will continue to freeze on start unless you 1st open Photoshop.

Waiting for an update from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Yosemite I had the same issue trying to open Illustrator. These were my first steps:

After installing the JavaForOSX2012-001, uninstalling and reinstalling my CS4 I finally found this thread (above) which worked!

This option worked for me (thanks brattwurtz):

1     Force restart on mac

3     Start AI CS4

4     When you get the alert popup, with Photoshop now open, it allows me to click on "don't show again", and click "OK"

Hurry up Adobe and give us a real fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me how you reinstalled CS4? I have uninstalled CS4 and followed the instructions to download a trial version to reinstall but all I get is this:

Adobe CS4 Disc 1.jpg

How do I use this to reinstall? Going mad as I had exactly the same issues when I bought a new iMac last year with Mavericks. I can't afford to shell out £1,000s of pounds on CS6 nor can I afford £50 a month for something that was working fine before I made the error of upgrading to Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, too bad adobe isn't the company it use to be and it takes its customers to figure their products out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install an older version of Java Runtime.  Found here:

Java for OS X 2014-001

Sorts our the CS4 problem instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only encountered this alert and freeze on start after installing the older Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - was only using ID and PS 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the work-around I posted earlier, I found that after restarting, AI now opens fine. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, try this steps, but didn`t work,

thx and waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't recognize psd and tiff, formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-20 a las 14.27.57.png

This appear after cleaning AI prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here! Any solutions anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

find a old OS/x mac and install CS4 again . and copy illustrator to the Yosemite Desktop , then click illustrator and it will tell you program change dir. and need to fix.... chick ok .then illustrator come back .also copy illustrator dir. back to the program dir. it will ask again fix change dir.  and it work fine now .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did it, but don´t work,

tried a clean install for the CS4 Disc, same situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy illustrator Cs4 to new Dir. then click new dir. illustrator it wii tell you found you change new dir. and ask you to change dir. path , in here select pass and it work .. but pass every time ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JackyTseng,

Did this only solve crashes, or are you able to open PSD files in ai as well? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above solution is all very well if you own PS cs4, but I only have IL cs4. Any hope for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was starting with a new HD and Yosemite on my old Mac, then installed CS4 and it said to install old Java, did that (installed JavaForOSX2-12-001) and got the two missing .aip file messages when I start either Ps or Ai - but they both seem to work OK... but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Yosemite and have the same problem with CS4 that I had when upgrading to Mavericks 😞 I get the message "Licensing for this product has stopped working." then suggests that I restart my computer. That hasn't done anything. It then suggests that I contact Adobe technical support and mention the error code: 150:30, but I can't see where I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been told by Adobe that Adobe CS4 does not work with Mac OSX 10.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem is the lack of the entrypoint symbol _map_fd in libSystem.

I've released a fix for this:

Release Yosemite AICS4 Fix · ralvarezt/aics4_yosemite_fix · GitHub

Kudos to Benjamin Fleischer bfleischer (Benjamin Fleischer) · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This fix addresses the issue by injecting libmap_fd into the executable image at runtime."

Could you explain in non-technical terms what this does? Does it alter system files? The Illustrator program files? Permanently or temporarily? Will it effect other stuff on my computer? "... at runtime." seems to imply that it's done on the fly and won't affect anything else.

I have posted your solution in several forums, but so far no one seems to have tried it. I don't want to try it myself, because I don't have a test machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

The problem with Illustrator CS4 resides not with Illustrator itself but with the Photoshop file format import and export plugins. When they get loaded they expect that a function that allocates memory and was available in previous versions of OS X, is currently available in the System Library (libSystem). This function is map_fd. Apple removed this function in the latest versions of OS X adducing that it contained a security flaw. This functionality were implemented elsewhere is the system.

So, I found that bfleischer had the same problem and worked out a solution that consists on a rewrite of this function using standard methods and compiling it into a shared library that could be loaded before any program executes.

My work on this problem consisted on refining the way the shared library loads. As some of you may know, Applications in OS X are bundles (directories) that follow a standard content schema and contain a file with the Application information and some other information. My approach is copying the shared library onto the Frameworks folder of Illustrator bundle and modifying the Info.plist file to instruct Launch Services to load the shared library before Illustrator loads. Doing it this way don't affect the rest of the system and there's no binary patching or some sort of modification of Illustrator, it only happens at runtime.

If you want to perform some tests and be able to revert the changes, you only need to backup the "Adobe Illustrator.app" bundle.

I hope that this explanation helps you and the rest of the community. Let's keep running old Adobe software on recent systems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines