Illustrator Dialog Boxes Moving To The Left Of Screen

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since AI 25 upgrade every time I‘m using the dialog boxes like Color-Confirmation on opening a document, or Saving-Options, the dialog boxes don’t appear in the same spot but a little further to the left. This is kinda annoying. Tried to visualise this in a sequence of Open Dialog Boxes in a couple of screen shots. Trashing the prefs probably the best way to start, right?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Resetting the prefs did not help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright ... guess nobody else had this issue, still want to give you a quick update, just in case anybody else experiences this strange behaviour. 

Turned out to be a MacOS 12.5.X flaw, kinda went away after a restart, which I rather seldom do I must say. But then it reappeared after a short period of time. I’m still working on Intel i7, so I reseted the PRAM and apparently it looks like the dialog boxes stick to the position last set them to be. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread, it's been driving me crazy.  Same MacOS.  The dialog box during the day ends up offscreen to the left, moves left every time I save.  I'll try the PRAM.  I'm on a Mac Pro, Intel Xeon W.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they stayed in place after I had reseted the PRAM ... for about half a day … then the restless dialog boxes started all over again. I must add the do move to the right as well, not just to the left. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sevenk @ssamanen,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am able to replicate this issue with Illustrator v26.5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max running macOS v12.6. I have logged a bug with the product team, and they will be investigating the issue.

Would you mind confirming your system details & Illustrator and macOS exact versions?

Also, would you mind creating a new UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and sharing the link here? By doing this, other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure no problem, problems occur on a MacBookAir, Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, latest MacOS version 12.6., and latest AI version 26.5.0.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines