• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator document size presets not working.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm working in Illustrator 2022 on a PC. I always work in mm and have, in the past just set my units to mm in the drop down menu when creating a new file. Something has gone wrong with my new Illustrator, and when I click on the drop down menu, I see pixels, points, picas and inches - but cannot scroll down any further to get to mm. I have tried setting preferences to mm - but this does not affect the new doc set up screen. Please see attached screenshot to see what I see. I hope someone can help. I have an urgent job to do today that is based on a template in mm. UGH!

Thanks,

Benay

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you alread ytry and reboot the computer?

You can always just create the document and then change the unit later by right-clicking on the document ruler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

yes - rebooting was the first thing I tried. 

I'm about to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to have to go through the process of figuring out the dimensions of my doc in pixels, points or picas, and then changing the units in the doc. This seems like too much of a workaround for something that should be easy to set up. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this glitch?

Thanks, Benay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines