• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator effects overlapping

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you for reading! I am trying to learn how to make icons look isometric in Illustrator. I wanted this object to have grain texture, but when I add the grain, it affects/overlaps with the drop shadow effect already in place. How can I make it so that the grain is independent of the drop shadow? In other words, the drop shadow does what it is supposed to do and the grain only occurs within the shape? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Here's a visual in support of David's suggestion:tromboniator_0-1657928256302.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably a (better?) way using the appearance panel, but I'd just duplicate that shape, send it to the back and put the drop shadow on that, and remove it from your grain item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is probably the fastest workaround. I dont like that the program does this, but I researched for quite some time and found no other answers. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating a blend with probably hundreds of steps (and probably not just one blend, but several) might affect the file size (depending on how exactly you save it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you drag the Drop Shadow below the Grain effect in the Appearance panel?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a visual in support of David's suggestion:tromboniator_0-1657928256302.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines