• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Graph bars disappearing when I change data

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, when I go back into my bar charts and change the data or column design, the columns or sometimes the entire chart disappears ... has anyone figured out how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you provide a screenshot for this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot doesnt really tell much ... literally the before contains the graph, and when I changed data - the entire chart disappeared 

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 6.44.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-06 at 6.44.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for more context ... it still appears in the layer panel its just invisible on the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What method did you use to add your values onto your bars. and have you affected or added to the chart group in any way? The fact that you mention it still "previews" in your layer means it's still there somewhere, but maybe waaaay off outside your artboard??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created column designs and assigned them to the bars.

That is really weird!! why would it move the chart that far off my artboard??

There have been other times when i've created a new chart, just one group of the chart disappears ... I cant recreate the issue to see if its moving those bars too ... any thoughts on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move the chart with the direct selection the it moves the parts not the chart, editing the values may move the chart to te original placement where the charts origin is. Could this be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could definitely see the program glitching like that. I use the 'rearrange all' function to move my artboards around, wonder if the program gets confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the outlines look like (cmd/ctrl-Y)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've checked that, nothing hidden, when its the whole chart its definitely moving way out from the artboard (super annoying when I need it positioned on the artboard exact) ... If I can reproduce the issue where just one group disappears, I'll look around and see if they are moving off as well ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines