• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Mac 2024 freezes on launch, won't start

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was running fine, then randomly stopped launching. When I try, it gets to the point of checking and initializing, then freezes. Always a different item that it's initializing when it freezes. What I have tried:

• Uninstalled from CC desktop and from Finder, reinstalled over and over and over.
  • Used the Cleanup tool to remove Illustrator and CC desktop
  • Deleted font cache using Terminal
  • No 3rd party plugins or anything else to remove, no scripts to launch
  • Removed Illustrator caches
  • Removed beta version
  • Rebooted several times

System info:

• M2 with 16 gb
  • Sonoma 14.4.1
  • System Monitor shows 9 gb free before trying to launch
  • Monitor shows 12 gb used when launch attempt is in progress
  • 95 gb disk available, trash is empty, iCloud is nearly full
  • Other CC apps are installed but not running

Searching here shows this has been an issue for years. Any suggestions before I give up and start using something else?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Hello everyone,

We have received several reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 28.6. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching. The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 385 Replies 385
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Srishti Bali 
We are also expericing this same issue. We attempted to completely reinstall Illustrator following the steps above and the issue still persisted. We have ensured the macOS is fully up to date to the latest OS (Sonoma 14.6.1) and Illustrator is on latest version (28.6). Please advise for additional troubleshooting and remediation steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @thomas_4308,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/3SHYhAE)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/3SFineM) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me

I still work with beta apps - after effects,

The beta version runs faster than the last release of after effects, why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator cannot be opened. There was no way to open it either. (mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@YOURpageMaker  schrieb:

Illustrator cannot be opened. There was no way to open it either. (mac)

Do you have any Adobe beta apps installed? Can you uninstall them, reboot and then try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator beta is not yet available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other beta apps? After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does me no good, I have to create a logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then probably you need to go the destructive way.

First of all: do you have any custom brushes or actions that you want to keep? If so, pick them from the folders. https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

First I would try and reset the preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

If that does not work, uninstall, run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and reinstall: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TL;DR Fixed for me by resuming paused library sync in Creative Cloud app.

Apple M2 Ultra

MacOS 14.4.1 (23E224)

I was having this same issue with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. All of those apps would hang on the splash screen and never actually open. I also use Premiere and After Effects on a daily basis but those apps have not had this issue. This all started 2 days ago with Photoshop. I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling, installing older versions but none of these fixed the issue.

Today I noticed the same exact issue with Illustrator and InDesign. I came across this thread and started following instructions on using the Adobe Cleaner Tool at the site listed above:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html?linkId=10000027...

Step 2 says to check the sync status of your Creative Cloud files in the Creative Cloud desktop app. When I did this, I noticed that "Libraries syncing" was paused. I resumed it and it finished immediately.

I then thought to try opening all three apps again and lo and behold they all opened as expected. Perhaps this is a fix for others having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

My Illustrator is not responding after loading screen.

I have tried Re Installing, same problems persists in previous versions too.

abhi_mographer_0-1723207459694.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in Photoshop and even in the photoshop Beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

abhi_mographer_0-1723208050797.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

abhi_mographer_0-1723208075534.png

Ram usage keeps going up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bockus1983 Hi, for how long you have been facing this issue? Mine started in the last 12 hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday. I spoke to a tech who stated it's linked to beta apps. There's a known issue. I clean uninstalled all app with cloud with the Adobe cleanup tool. We will see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled all beta apps, now it's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same here, I've been trying to launch Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Photoshop Beta since this morning (9am GMT +1). After effects and Premiere are working correctly though.

I've already tried to: reinstall Illustrator, reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud, Unlogging and relogging from it, restarting my computer, installing previous version, logging on another license on my computer that works on another computer (still doesn't work) and tried to log on my license on another computer (that solution worked).

I don't know what to do at this point, that's why I've come here to report my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this exact issue, it started yesterday. Both the Beta and the Stable versions, even installed previous versions and no luck. Used the clean up tool, uninstalled, reinstalled, followed all kinds of steps and nothing is working. My only option is to use a way under powered machine that I don't currently use for work. This is crazy that so many users can get locked out of a service that way pay for and rely on for income. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Bockus1983,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/3WCEmEh)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/3yJyilo) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that Illustrator is working now that I uninstalled all of the beta apps (I had After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop betas installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the clean uninstall of all apps it seems to work now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open illustrator. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again but it's not working. Was there an issue with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Adobe beta apps installed? Particularly anything video?

Can you uninstall all the betas, reboot and then try again?

If you do not want to install al betas, please start with Media Encoder, Premiere, After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines