• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not working on google drive

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my company uses google drive cloud as a backup networks.

I use google drive for desktops because I have to edit in real time the illustrator files, but a while back my illustrator files stopped syncing with google drive. I have the updated file on my computer in the finder section of drive for desktop, but when I get to browser drive the .ai is outdated and is full of these .tmp files, as you can see in the images below.

Its super frustrating, I already tried uninstalling both apps, clearing cache with no success.

Illustrator version 27.0.1

Google drive version 66.0

MAC user

This are my settings fot file handling on illlustrator

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.58.55 AM.png

This is the file, which also appears with this annoying little cloud, and the last update i did was at 11:59 am

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.59.53 AM.png

This is google drive, where the .ai lat update appears to be at 11:16 am and the rest are .tmp files 

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 12.00.22 PM.png

SOS

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

The answer is pretty well known- don't work directly off Gdrive or other cloud based sync systems.

You can do two things - download to local HD and then copy back when done or

disable sync while working and then sync when complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Hi. "Technical Support strongly recommends working in Illustrator directly on the local hard disk": https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

It seems like macOS Ventura 13.3 with Google Drive for Desktop 72.0.3.0 fixed the saving issue with Illustrator (27.4). I haven't experienced any tmp files or the Cloud icon in Finder. When I check on Google Drive in Google Chrome browser the correct file is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is pretty well known- don't work directly off Gdrive or other cloud based sync systems.

You can do two things - download to local HD and then copy back when done or

disable sync while working and then sync when complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. "Technical Support strongly recommends working in Illustrator directly on the local hard disk": https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like macOS Ventura 13.3 with Google Drive for Desktop 72.0.3.0 fixed the saving issue with Illustrator (27.4). I haven't experienced any tmp files or the Cloud icon in Finder. When I check on Google Drive in Google Chrome browser the correct file is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines