• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator printing only black and white

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator 2022 running on MacOS 11.6 (Big Sur).  I am trying to print a color document, but it prints in only black and white, even if I export it as a .jpg or .pdf file.  The files show up as color, but it is printing only black and white.  The previous fixes for this (I found relevant posts from 2016 and 2017) don't work because the dialog boxes are different.  Neither the printer nor the print dialog from Illustrator is set to any kind of grayscale command, or any of the other problems in previous versions.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi show us video or screenshot of documnt on which you are working...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 7.23.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer settings would be more useful -- both Illustrator's and your printer's dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 7.53.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-14 at 7.55.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen shots.  I show the color management window for the Illustrator print dialog box.  I tried other settings and none of them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I recreated the document in Word, and it's still printing B&W, so it's something with the printer, although it appears to be something other than anything I can control in the printer dialog box.  I've had major issues with the driver fo this printer. 

Anyway, belay all my questions, as the problem is not with Illustrator.  Sorry to take up your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing from Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.  That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you confirm the Print in grayscale box is not checked and the color Profile (under the Advanced settings) is set to RGB? Do you have CMY ink? Did you restart your Mac and printer? Check for print driver updates by googling your printer name & model. If it's still not working, go to System preferences> Printers & Scanners, select the printer in the list on the left side of the panel and right-click> Reset printing system.

Did you try to print as an image? (not a solution, but it might prove the problem is not in your printer).

Edit, I did not see your latest reply.

print settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines