• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator UI scale issue

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Illustrator version 27.3.1 on a modern Lenovo laptop and the UI is far too small and hard to see. I have had this same problem now for the last few years of updates of the program. I have searched this issue many times and have tried all the solutions that have been offered by the community support and none of them work. Has there been a solution for this issue developed yet?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Hello @ianmancini,

Sorry for the delayed response. Illustrator's UI scaling options are only available when the monitor resolution is more than 1920x1080 with a scaling of 100%.

We understand this feature is essential to you and apologize for its unavailability. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related upda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you've changed the UI scaling in preferences, so if by "this same problem now for the last few years of updates" you mean prior to your "modern Lenovo laptop", I'm thinking that is the size it's supposed to be, I think it would be strange if you were using different versions on different computers all with the same "too small" UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to change the UI scaling within my settings, there is only a "Large Tabs" option under the User Interface tab, in the Preferences panel. I have had this computer for the past 3 years and in that time I have had all the available illustrator updates. With each of those updates, the UI has been too small and there has been no option within the preferences to fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you on?

This is from 27.3.1:

UI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 27.3.1. As I said, I do not have, nor have I had the option to manually change the UI scaling in any version of Illustrator while using this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ianmancini,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. The UI scaling options in Illustrator are not available if you monitor resolution or if scaling is below the recommended system requirement. Would you mind trying to change the resolution and scaling in Windows Display Settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-display-settings-in-windows-37f0e05e-98a9-474c-317a...) to check if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response Anubhav,

Yes, I would mind changing the resolution of my screen and the UI of all of my other apps and programs (which are all scaled perfectly fine, including other adobe programs) just so that the UI and scaling of Illustrator will be fixed. I have tried doing this before at the suggestion of adobe and all it succeeds in doing is making the illustrator UI larger and pixelated while making the UI of all my other programs unusable. But that is besides the point, I don't believe that Adobes solution to a widely known problem with one of their applications is to suggest that the customer needs to fix their computer. What I would like is for the program that I pay for to automatically adjust the scaling of its UI to be legible on my screen or, at the least, for the program to have an option to manually scale the UI so that it is legible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @ianmancini,

Sorry for the delayed response. Illustrator's UI scaling options are only available when the monitor resolution is more than 1920x1080 with a scaling of 100%.

We understand this feature is essential to you and apologize for its unavailability. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines