• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Won't Open Any Files

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues with my Illustrator that suddenly won't open any files, it's just freezing. Now whenever I opened AI, it also freezes, can't even choose any files to open. Tried to restart my mac, and re-install the AI, nothing happens. Also tried to contact customer support via chat but no response at all.
TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - tried Adobe Tech Support, they can't seem to figure it out either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, was able to get in touch with Adobe Tech Support again - they then accessed my computer and were able to fix the problem. They likely did what MikeGondek is recommending below, along with cleaning up duplicate fonts. Problem is now fixed and I can get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, my issue is fixed with the help of the support team. In addition, after they access my computer, I had to update my MacOs to the latest ver. 12.2.1. Hopefully, this issue won't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your OOBE being corrupt could cause this, as that is what manages your serialization. If you stil need more help, let us know your OS version please.

OOBE RESET MAC

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

OOBE RESET WIN

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

• The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines