• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to update the ltest version for Logi Option, but the warning still popup every 30 Seconds.

but the following steps works for me: 

open logi option, choose the device - go to All Applications - Disable Application Specific Setting.

hope this would help for now until the next AI or Logi Option Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my macbook pro... please i need help i cant use illustrator, i upgrade de logi app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's caused by LogiOptions make sure you turn off app specific settings on and Logitech Keyboards AND Mice. I have a Craft keyboard and the MX3 Perfomance ... Drove me insnae because I killed it on the keyboard but forgot to check the mouse ...

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 9.10.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 9.12.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is infuriating and the lack of a real solution is UTTERLY UNACCCEPTABLE! There is nothing that stops it. I pay way too much for this kind of crap to be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! Just sold my Craft keyboard and bought the MX version. Totally unaccepatble but needed a functionig keyboard in Illustrator...AND AND wond up buying a Loupedeck CT to replace the missing CROWN functions that I once had with the Craft! Why is this still an issue!!?! Looks poorly on both sides. AND AND even with this new MX keybaord it pops up the same error unless you turn off application features in the setup program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can we get a proper solution instead of marking this solved when it obviously is not?

These comments marked "solution" are justs workarounds (disabling features of other software) and generic troubleshooting?

Why is this marked solved when it isn't solved?

There's no other real avenue for support than here, you'd be mistaken for thinking this wasn't industry-standard paid software. Yes this is a support community, but it's no hidden truth that the official support reps just browse publically available information anyway.

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can we get a proper solution instead of marking this solved when it obviously is not?

These comments marked "solution" are justs workarounds (disabling features of other software) and generic troubleshooting?

Why is this marked solved when it isn't solved?

There's no other real avenue for support than here, you'd be forgiven for thinking this wasn't industry-standard paid software. Yes this is a support community, but it's no hidden truth that the official support reps just browse publically available information anyway.

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, no way to edit posts. Brilliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry to hear that updating the Logitech drivers hasn't resolve this issue. We are totally aware of this situation and team is working on it.

While we are working on a fix to this issue, please feel free to upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43691253-script... ) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

The uservoice post has been marked 'resolved' and locked. Users can no longer vote or comment on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for highlighting this, Doug! I have sent a request to unlock this thread.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Those whose are still facing this issue, we need to your help to investigate this issue further. I would request if you could share the following details:

1. Screen recording of the issue.
  2. Logitech options app or web cam installed.
  3. Logitech driver version.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've included a video ... the cycle happens about every 8 seconds whether there's a file open or not. on my intel 2021 i9 MBP it only happen when a file is open. This clip is recorded on an M1 MAc Mini 16GB model running MacOS 12 Monteray Beta 4. 

The easy fix is thanks for the warning 'stop excuting this script' then in prefs give us place to unblock a script if it gets fixed ... just saying

My UX wisdom for the day ... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you ask, I updated 2 days ago ... didn't do anything .. still have the error and everything is the NEWEST thing on the books for all parties involved. MacOS, Logitech, and Adobe Illustrator. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ... latest version of Illustrator, latest version of Logi Options (8.54.147) ... message appearing every few seconds ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I have MBP 16,1 Intel with MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progresson this bug? I started having this problem when I got my new mouse. When will a patch for this bug be available? I've updated everything and followed all available instructions on how to fix this and nothing has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was to download and use an earlier version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, updated Illustrator and was able to turn all applications back on in Logi with no errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you, I on the other hand updated 2 days ago ... didn't do anything .. still have the error and everything is the NEWEST thing on the books for all parties involved. MacOS, Logitech, and Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after a few hours, the message has started to reappear, so not the solution unfortunately. I turned all applications in LOGI off again. Below are my system specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't mark this issue as "solved," because it is NOT. I am running current versions of both Illustrator and Logi Options. FIX THIS, ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation, I am running latest versions of each and its NOT FIXED, only way I have seen reported as a fix is to install the new Logi Options+ Beta  software https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/software/logi-options-plus.html 

Not tried it yet, but is that as good as it gets to resolve, dump the exisitng Logi Options and go with a Beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me parece que a versão Beta resolveu o problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix: I left Logi Options’ current version installed and downloaded the previous version of Illustrator. The older version of Illustrator is working just fine with current version of Logi Options. ADOBE, FIX THIS PROBLEM! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines