• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to toggle Trim View on/off with a script?

Participant ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community.

I was wondering if it's possible to create a script that would handle toggling Trim View on and off when run. I've run across the frequent need to turn Trim View on and off to preview my artboards in a more isolated environment, and I'd like to turn such a script into a button via my Scripts Manager to speed up my workflow.

I'd appreciate any guidance on this! Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Hello @Eduard Buta,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by JDuncan, TrimView is not available as an option using API as of now. You may, however, create a UserVoice for this request here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com. This way, you will be notified of future updates to this feature request.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a lot of digging recently for menu commands accessible to the API (lots of discussion here) and I have never seen "Trim View" listed as being available. Normally, I would tell you to create an Action that enables trim view using the"Insert Menu Item" action step, but oddly enough, it doesn't seem "Trim View" is accessible there either. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this. Was well worth a shot asking. Too bad it can't be done yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Eduard Buta,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by JDuncan, TrimView is not available as an option using API as of now. You may, however, create a UserVoice for this request here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com. This way, you will be notified of future updates to this feature request.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can go in Edit→Keyboard Shortcuts→Change from Tools to Menu Commands→Find Trim View and choose your command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines