• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to tell how many objects (paths) I have selected?

Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to tell how many paths I have selected in Illustrator CS4?

I have a bunch of tiny line segments on the artboard, I want to make sure that I have enough for what I need, and I don't want to have to hand count hundreds of them to be sure... is there a readout somewhere in the Illustrator UI that'll tell me how many things I have selected??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Go to Window > Document Info, in the popout menu on the right side make sure Selection Only and Objects are checked. If the lines (and only the lines you want to count) are selected, the number of lines will be listed next to Paths in the pallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Document Info, in the popout menu on the right side make sure Selection Only and Objects are checked. If the lines (and only the lines you want to count) are selected, the number of lines will be listed next to Paths in the pallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I feel dumb now, I skipped right over the "Document Info" palette and went straight for the "Info" palette when I was searching through the palettes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life, thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I found it

In windows, if anyone's looking for it, the pop-out mentioned is the hamburger menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha "Hamburger menu" never heard this before you clearly eating strange burgers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I guess that's a UI/UX term...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't think of a way to Google this question until stumbling upon this thread which gave me the exact answer. Excellent BenWMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Genius! Thank you so much. Just a simple thing maybe, but it has changed my life. I have to order numbers of different concrete slabs from designs, & I used to have to count them all up by hand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines