• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to move a section of an object to the front?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm creating an illustration and I've run into an issue. I'm trying to move the arm of the person in front of the clothing. However, the arm is connected to the whole body and thus trying to move it to the front brings the entire body with it. I've tried to cut it and bring it forward but it warps with the shape and I can't fix it afterwards.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanceScreen Shot 2022-03-12 at 12.45.12 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I understand what you mean by "it warps with the shape". You should be able to cut the arm in two places so that the hand is a separate open path, and just bring it to the front without having to adjust anything. Is the front leg part of the same path as the arm? If so, you could cut the point of the garment in a couple of places and move it behind the arm but in front of the leg.

Alternatively, direct select, copy, and paste in front just the hand and portion of the arm that you want to move to the front; fill the copy with black, and apply it as an opacity mask to the garment.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines