• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with font styles

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Oswald font but only one variation of the font is useable. im trying to be able to use heavy,semi, italic, regular , etc i had tried to download 5 of the variations but they do not seem to pop up on my adobe illustrator. only one of the variations is useable which is the heavy italic font. anyone have a resolution for this? i looked at other posts on here but dont seem to find an answer for this issue. id appreciate the help! posted screenshots for clarity. 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on mac aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where did you get it from?

Illustrator is particularly peculiar about fonts. When they are not 150% OK, then Illustrator will have issues. Are you sure that this font is 150% OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got it from https://files.design/templates/oswald seen a youtuber with the font that was using it on adobe illustrator and he had all variations of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try these: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html

But also: other fonts might interfere when the names are colliding. Font managers might interfere as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not familar with lingo what do you mean by 150?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is just an exaggeration of "OK". They need to be more than just OK. OK in every single aspect of being a font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try syncing the Ozwald family via the Adobe Fonts service:
https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/oswald

Ozwald is commonly available via the Google Fonts web site (and I think can be downloaded from Font Squirrel too). I've personally seen some strange technical issues with some fonts I've downloaded from the Google Fonts web site. Adobe Illustrator usually loads the fonts just fine, but I've seen other applications and a certain font manager struggle to load them properly (they'll "punt" and revert the text object to default Arial). Sometimes downloading a newer, updated copy of the typeface will solve the properly. Syncing the type family via Adobe Fonts is another possible solution.  A decent number of Google type families are available to sync via Adobe Fonts. They all seem to work properly in all my applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines