Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 336 Replies 336
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you growing Kurt? Is it smokeable?

Still a bit chilly up here. Some eager plants are beginning to green up but I reckon it’s premature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had I smoked one of them I probably would have told that the dark brown bear that is relaxing on a brittle knag – see right side of the picture – is thinking about that question.

But I didn't do that, so I cannot clarify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera was pointed southward. No change as far as I could see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you have it all, Peter.

The weather downcast predicts that there will only be a few nights with frost,

(still) some 30°bC; and as soon as it is too warm to whiten, it will be pouring down.

We have had snowdrops and the winter aconites for at least a month and a half, sometimes undercover, but everything else is still asleep or worse, all winter crops brown.

I am afraid some of us long for a bit of Ice Age, Kurt. Now that would be cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we have had the very last tease show today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now the long wait, maybe seven months or even more.

A full week of fiercely growing NAO, after a two months low which has been hard on almost everyone, including the roe deer who have been hard on almost everything, including the yews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad we don’t have those up here.

O.k. for bunnyhuggers but not for gardeners.

By the way, It tried very hard today but with paltry results:

hagl_5944.jpg

The official First Day of Summer is the day after tomorrow but spring hasn’t really sprung yet.

Generally rather grey and unexciting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, they are helpful gardeners, especially trimming the ivies every winter; by autumn the terrace is almost covered and the windows are partially overgrown, but we just leave it to them.

As you can see, their pruning of the yews started round post #137 and was almost completed by post #144, with occasional follow up, to four feet from the ground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having grown accustomed to moose, I think roe deer look minuscule.

First day of summer is the day after tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We sometimes used to have red deer get into the garden in England when I was a kid. Absolute plague.

They always came at night and ate everything that we didn’t want them to eat.

And they left deep hoof marks in the lawn and Dad’s tennis court.

When we awoke this morning everything was 0%K. All gone by midday though. Strange weather for the time of year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely here. Been here for the last few days.

This is what my window looked like this morning.

snowy_window_7130.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky, lucky you, Steve.

There may be the faintest glimmer of hope for something in the air in a week or so here.

The NAO has been against us for the last three weeks and still is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It’s been chilly these last few weeks. Here’s one of a frozen pond that I took the other day.

frostbólur_7088a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing coming down but the temperature. Some folks were testing the surface at the edge of the lake this afternoon, but I'd wait a couple of days before skating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a beautiful image, steve. is this basically a scandinavian topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from it, Doug.

There have been posts from arctic well into tropical areas, scattered all the way round.

With no posts from down under (yet), you may say that it is a northern topic, in the widest sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delightful, Steve (except, maybe, for the still one caught in it).

How is steinninn coping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That pond was frozen solid, right through to the bottom (a couple of feet or so).

I saw on the telly the other day that they had to free a few ducks that dozed off and got frozen into the ice on the lake in the centre of Reykjavík.

kristallar_0576a.jpg

(Steininum er k-k-k-kalt.) How’s your Icelandic coming along?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently even worse than I thought, Steve, judging from my misrepresentation of steininum. See more elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I see the Forums have got a makeover... and the 'Lounge' seems to have disappeared... is that correct or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shunith,

The Lounge is (still) here,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/lounge?view=discussions#/?per_page=100

but it seems to have been reset so that all the history is lost.

Only 24 degrees below you here, in other words too (or should I say two) high to have anything white on the ground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob...

Not seeing it.... I now have these large icons (which says: Popular Forums) and then a drop down (selector) option on the top right with "All forums"  - no community there... and on the bottom right a drop dowmn option with "International forums" as the first selector.

Hey, you have to give me temp in C.... we just don't relate to F. What's the temp there? Here, it's 16C, expected to drop to about 11 minimum tonight. Max it comes down to is about 4-5C minimum. Never snows

Cheers!

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shunith,

I did use C.

16C now? That was a surprise: on my usual source web page here it says 24C, to go no lower than 23C:

http://in.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-Chennai-INXX0202

When I posted it said 26C and it was 2C here, hence the 24 (and the too/two high).

Right now, it is 1C here. Maybe the end of a long and warm autumn is near.

Concerning the Lounge (which you found), and other forums, you may have a look at this thread (with the same OP):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1339474?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob...

Mea culpa. I'm no longer in Chennai. Am now in a small (university) town called Shantiniketan. That's in West Bengal. Moved at the beginning of March.

The university, called Vishwa Bharati, was set up by a poet called Rabindranath Tagore. Quiet, peaceful place... But, unfortunately, never any snow. Hevy rains though, during the monsoons...

Cheers!

S

PS: Replied in that link you posted above....

PPS: Though the name of the university is Vishwa Bharati, everyone just refers to it as Shantiniketan (Abode of Peace or, literally, Peaceful Abode/Place).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Shunith. At least you are closer to it now, so you may even go up there into it.

I have read too little Tagore, and only in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines