• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Zoom Shortcut

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I cant use the keyboard shortcut to Zoom in or Out on my keyboard anymore ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

That's a custom shortcut. Illustrator usually uses Ctrl + and Ctrl - for zoom in and out.

You can set this in Edit > Keyboard shortcuts. I wonder if you did something recently to reset your custom shortcuts? You can click on the Set menu in the dialog box to see if your custom list is still available, or you can redefine them by changing the product area to Menu Commands, and then scrolling all the way down to Zoom in and Zoom out.

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017ss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

Which shortcut?

Have you already tried to restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC

Windows 10

CONTROL LEFT or Right Arrows for ZOOM in and out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a custom shortcut. Illustrator usually uses Ctrl + and Ctrl - for zoom in and out.

You can set this in Edit > Keyboard shortcuts. I wonder if you did something recently to reset your custom shortcuts? You can click on the Set menu in the dialog box to see if your custom list is still available, or you can redefine them by changing the product area to Menu Commands, and then scrolling all the way down to Zoom in and Zoom out.

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017ss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only right CTRL is accepted when changing the keys. The left CTRL is ignored when assigning a key.

During my work I intensively zoom in and out. Since the left hand is freer than the right, the latter being glued to a mouse, it would make sense to enable the left key as well. I believe the left CTRL is reserved for mouse wheel only.

Plus, now I'm rewiring my neurons anew, since I got used to having CTRL + mouse wheel up/down as zoom in/out from other software.
In Adobe products it's moving sideways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

command - works however command + does not. I have tried to edit and I cannot seem to be able to enter command = I can only zoon in when using shift, command + 
I am on latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines