Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Libraries Panel Not loading

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brainy people.

Just today my libraries panel has stopped loading. I've tried logging out and back in, restating the computer and a few other things but it just won't populate with my files that I need.

How can I get this back? I have spot colours here that I need to create print files, and need them urgently for files I am working on now.

Screenshot:

LibSS.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, typos... 'Restarting' not 'restating'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Sorry, you're facing this problem. Could you please try:
1. Delete all folders that start with “CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_xx_xx_xx” in this location: WIN: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions MAC: Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨CEP⁩ -> extensions
2. Follow the steps from Solution 2 in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html
Before trying the steps - please, make sure you've killed CCLibraries process in Task Manager / Activity Monitor, as well as quitting all Adobe related products. This is mentioned in steps 1 and 2 of the article, but I wanted to point it out because it's important.

Thank you,
Sarfaraz
CCLibraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. All sorted now. Although the installer did hang at 81% with less than one minute to go for about half an hour, got there in the end though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this exact issue and the only solution for me has been to use an older version of Illustrator. Not ideal at all. So far no "Correct Answer" in the support sections have actually been "Correct" I am so frustrated because I also need spot colors, among other final, painstakingly assembled assets. 

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 10.46.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few updates since I had this issue and haven't had any problems since. Are you using the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jacobp57208305,

Sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind performing the steps in order:

• Close all Adobe apps and Open Creative Cloud, then press the cmd + opt + t / ctrl + alt + t shortcut keys.
    By doing this, the CC troubleshooter will open. Now select the first option, "Close Creative Cloud and Related Processes," and click "Go."
    Anshul_Saini_8-1671234747561.png

• Go to the following location:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe and rename the "Creative Cloud Libraries" folder to "Creative Cloud Libraries.old"
    Anshul_Saini_9-1671234771753.png

Win: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ and rename the "Creative Cloud Libraries" folder to "Creative Cloud Libraries.old"

Anshul_Saini_10-1671234817584.png

• Relaunch the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and it will start to redownload the Creative Cloud libraries. Once it finishes downloading, open the Illustrator app, and the Library panel will work.

Anshul_Saini_11-1671234839914.png

I hope this helps!

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have the exact same problem. I tried your way - but my Libraries-Panel is still empty and grey... 😞

Anyone found a way to make this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest update? That is working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johnny_Malone,

I'm sorry to hear that my suggested solution above didn't work for you. Would you mind uninstalling the Illustrator & Creative Cloud desktop application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstalling it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app?

Also, ensure to back up your preferences & files before uninstalling (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html).

If none of these solutions work, please let us know, and we can explore other options.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini 

I just deinstalled the whole cloud and deleted all files from my Macbook. Reinstalled it - argh - still the same issue. Illustrator won't load the libraries. Just a black window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johnny_Malone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still facing the same issue with Illustrator. As you mentioned that you already uninstalled the Creative Cloud desktop application and reinstalled it, could you please confirm if you had tried deleting or renaming the "Creative Cloud Libraries" folder from /Library/Application Support/Adobe?

If not, please try deleting the "Creative Cloud Libraries" folder and see if it resolves the issue. Also, make sure to backup this folder before deleting it so that you can restore it later if needed.

Please let me know if this helps, and if the issue persists, we can explore other options.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by a fresh-install of Mac OS Ventura. Installed everything new and now the library panels are there. A bit time-consuming but at least now it works...  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem, @Johnny_Malone! If you run into any further questions or issues in the future, feel free to reach out to us. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines