• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking text to alignment of graphic?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to lock an object so that it will always be aligned centered on a bubble graphic even if the bubble graphic is scaled or transformed.

Ideally, I'd also like to lock it from being edited. Is there a way to do this? Image attached.

Question.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aligning only vertically? Or both vertically and horizontally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to lock the alignment to always be centered to the larger bar when it's rescaled. So if I make it longer, the text will automatically center onto the new longer bar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, kphotopage's suggestion would then be a pretty straightforward way to do it. Unless I'm overlooking something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trance, Hi

I would set it up this way.

Getting Started

Layers: Bars on one Layer, Area Type on another Layer.

Type, Center Paragraph.

Area Type: Make it the same height and width as your bar.

Type>Area Type Options>Align Vertical center.

From there, Duplicate

Then all you have to do is white arrow select anchors and move to right or left and your type will move with your bars.

You have the option to lock and unlock

K

Screen bars.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trancelogix,

As I (mis)understand it, you wish to keep the text unchanged and centred horizontally (and vertically but that is unaffected by horizontal scaling, and once centred vertically I belive it will stay that way) on the (total length of the) bar graph, and that the text is centre aligned (Paragraph) if still live.

I believe that the full length part of the bar graph is made with stroked paths with Round Cap to keep the end shape when scaling horizontally, .

I believe

I also believe you wish to have the text literally locked so that it just moves to the centred position when the bar graph is scaled while keeping the left end in place.

I am afraid there is no way to actually lock the text that way, but you can either scale the bar graph and then realign the text, or you can scale both and then scale the text inversely (as in 50% after 200%).

I am sure Kurt must/soon will have an action/script ready.

To avoid editing of the text you can outline it if not already.

Edit: Much better what K said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines