• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo Issues

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why this logo seems to pixelate quicker and does not seem as 'clean' after saving it to jpg and png? It is possible I am just imaging it - I know once saved as jpg or ong it is raster and won't stay crisp but something just seems 'off'.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQRiEo6eFzuxXUKvE1SnEdZgcQjumLAn/view?usp=sharing

And attaching the jpg version.SFS Law Logo, Blue Gradient, original, RGB, 300 (no bevel and extrude).jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Your JPG is exactly what I would expect from your graphic at that size (3.5"-ish wide) at 300ppi export with anti-aliasing turned on. I see nothing unusual.

Export it at a higher resolution (say 600ppi). This would be considered overkill for a photographic image, but the extra resolution is beneficial for artwork like this, and it will still compress quite well at maximum quality. Even then, anti-aliasing will cause a bit of a blur at the edges. This is normal and unavoidable. You might even exp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your JPG is exactly what I would expect from your graphic at that size (3.5"-ish wide) at 300ppi export with anti-aliasing turned on. I see nothing unusual.

Export it at a higher resolution (say 600ppi). This would be considered overkill for a photographic image, but the extra resolution is beneficial for artwork like this, and it will still compress quite well at maximum quality. Even then, anti-aliasing will cause a bit of a blur at the edges. This is normal and unavoidable. You might even export a 600ppi version with anti-aliasing turned off... the tradeoff there is that your pixels will be sharp, but visible stair-stepping will be visible in the "close-to-horizontal/vertical" strokes like at the top of your capital "F".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate it and it certainly did look better....I also tried to enlarge the image and that also helpd but after I did that it would not let me export at 600, so exported it at 300 but kept the document at 600 in AI - is enlarging it also a good practice for this and anything you know of that would allow me to export larger image at 600? Thanks.Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 12.58.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Brad @ Roaring Mouse this looks as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines