• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo sizing

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get a logo done in 5 different sizes: extra small, small, medium, large and extra large.

See attached picture for an illustration of the logo style.

Logo details for the medium size:

Red rectangle dimensions: 1000 px (pixel) width by 500 px height (width to height dimension ratio is 3:1)

First line of logo text font size: 45 pts:
Second line of logo text font size: 15 pts
Font size ratio: 3:1

My question is:

(1) how do I calculate the dimensions and font size for the small, extra small, large and extra large sizes?

The extra small size would be about 25% (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The small size would be about 50 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The large size would be about 150 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The extra large size would be about 200 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

My point is, whatever the size of the logo (small, extra large, etc.), it must look like its the same logo (with the same proportion of rectangle relative to proportion of font size), and this is what I’m not being able to do, because if let’s say I am reducing the rectangle dimensions to 25 %, I don’t know what the font size should be.

Thank you,

Ziva

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

1000 x 500 is not 3:1. But beyond that work on the medium size and group it. When you get done just use the scale tool to make the copies at larger and smaller sizes you need. The text will scale as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Hi Ziva,

The answer is quite simple as you have asked. Not sure why you do not scale the whole medium group by 25% to get your extra small size for example.

The extra small size would be about 45 x .25 for first line, and then 15 x .25 for the second line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000 x 500 is not 3:1. But beyond that work on the medium size and group it. When you get done just use the scale tool to make the copies at larger and smaller sizes you need. The text will scale as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Larry, thank you. Will try and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ziva,

The answer is quite simple as you have asked. Not sure why you do not scale the whole medium group by 25% to get your extra small size for example.

The extra small size would be about 45 x .25 for first line, and then 15 x .25 for the second line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike, thank you. Will try and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to get a logo done in 5 different sizes: extra small, small, medium, large and extra large.

See attached picture for an illustration of the logo style.

Logo details for the medium size:

Red rectangle dimensions: 1000 px (pixel) width by 500 px height (width to height dimension ratio is 3:1)

First line of logo text font size: 45 pts:
Second line of logo text font size: 15 pts
Font size ratio: 3:1

My question is:

(1) how do I calculate the dimensions and font size for the small, extra small, large and extra large sizes?

The extra small size would be about 25% (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The small size would be about 50 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The large size would be about 150 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

The extra large size would be about 200 % (font size and rectangle dimension) of the medium size.

My point is, whatever the size of the logo (small, extra large, etc.), it must look like its the same logo (with the same proportion of rectangle relative to proportion of font size), and this is what I’m not being able to do, because if let’s say I am reducing the rectangle dimensions to 25 %, I don’t know what the font size should be.

Thank you,

Ziva

By @Ziva5CAFScreenshot_20230621_194156.jpg

@Ziva5CAF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines