• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro M1 Pro Max not working properly on illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were working on adobe illustrator(all legal and updated) on our old iMac(2020, i5, 64 gb ram, 4 gb GPU)
perfectly. But we have to work outside of the office so we bought MacBook Pro 16, m1 pro max, 32gb ram, 1 tb ssd version. And additional apple Studio Display, because apple does not allow to iMac to use as a external display. Totally nearly 5.000 USD we paid but MacBook Pro m1 Pro Max not working properly on illustrator. We sold our old iMac retina because we believed macbook pro is very powerful as advertised. This is an unbelievable situation. Now we are looking second hand intel PC, or intel MacBook Pro.

We are drawing on procreate on iPad Pro, then make changes on adobe illustrator. Save as Ai files to Tiff files and we print Tiff files on our printers.

The files we generally work with are 500mb to 1,5gb .Ai format documents. We can easily work with this big files on our old 27 inch iMac Retina. Now when we want to save 500mb .AI files on new MacBook Pro m1 pro max cannot do this, or it takes 3-4 times more than before.

When we want to save as ai files to 300 ppi Tiff documents, MacBook Pro m1 pro max says "out of memory" and can not save it. 250 ppi same, 200 ppi same, 170ppi same... Only we can save documents on 150 ppi.

There is no 3rd party plug-in, no Chorome, no clean my Mac, no 2.ssd to save, no "save on adobe cloud".

We open and close the adobe application every time, working on only 1 documents at the same time.

-We change the Adobe Performance settings to use GPU or CPU but notting change.
-Granted adobe / Illustrator full disk access
-Disabled "Optimize File open and save time on slow networks" in preferences
-Disabled "Save in background" in the Preferences
-We delete all adobe applications and re-install but noting change.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nihan29405724j2jv,

I understand your frustration with the performance issues you're facing with Illustrator on your new MacBook Pro M1 Pro & M1 Max. It sounds like you have taken several steps to troubleshoot the issue, but it hasn't been resolved yet.

To further investigate the problem, would you mind providing some additional information? Are the files you're working with saved on a network, server, or locally on your MacBook Pro? Additionally, if possible, could you share a sample file that works fine on your Intel Mac but not on your M1 Pro Max MacBook and a small screen recording of your workflow demonstrating the issue? This would help us better understand the issue and provide more targeted assistance.

Also, please let us know the version of Adobe Illustrator that you're using on both your old iMac and the new MacBook Pro M1 Pro Max.

We are committed to resolving this issue for you and finding a solution that meets your needs.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

Both of my NEW Macbook Pro m1 Max 32gb memory and 27 inch iMac 2020 i5 64gb memory, 256 ssd have same final 2023 adobe illustrator and Mac OS Ventura, all updated.

All senoria you can see below, i can do all the things on my old iMac with no problem. But new M1 Max Macbook Pro have problems.

I'm saving my working files on localy macbook m1 max harddisk, not cloud or external harddisk. I have 1tb ssd version on macbook and 600 gb free on it.

Biggest document which i want to change something and then want to save is about 1,7gb document. If i chose "create pdf compatible file" option on saving option, it takes 4-5 minutes to save(final saved file size is 1,7gb) , if not to chose "create pdf compatible file" it takes 5-10 seconds to save(final save file size is 600mb). Saving time is imac is better then new macbook pro m1 max. 

we have 4 senerio;

1)if i want to "export as" 100mb to 1,7gb "pdf compatible ai files" to .Tif 300 ppi.

-not only big files also 100mb files i was tested the result is the same

Color : CMYK
resulation : 300ppi

anti-aliasing - NO

LZV - ok
ICC - ok
-Error Message on macbook m1 max : not enough memory to finish export
-imac can already finish to exporting

2)if i want to "export as" 100mb to 1,7g "pdf compatible ai files" to .Tiff  150 ppi, 

resulation : 150ppi

anti-aliasing - NO

LZV - ok
ICC - ok
-there is NO ERROR, New Macbook m1 Max can do this. 

3)if i want to "export as" 50-600 mb "not pdf compatible ai files" to .Tif 300 ppi, 

resulation : 300ppi

anti-aliasing - NO

LZV - ok
ICC - ok
Error : it crash, Aİ closing

4)if i want to "export as" 600 mb "not pdf compatible ai files" to .Tif 150 ppi, 

(not only big files also 100mb files i was tested the result is the same)

resulation : 150ppi

anti-aliasing - NO

LZV - ok
ICC - ok
there is NO ERROR, all can do this.

Final result is i can not export TIFF files as 300 ppi resulation on Macbook M1 Max. But we can easily do this on old 27 inch iMAC i5 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul again 🙂

You can find 2 screen recording below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini  this video for only 82mb file size 🙂 i'm not recording 1,7 gb file, same, 300 ppi is a problem. I can export 1,7 gb file with 300 ppi as .TIFF with no problem. But Macbook M1 Max can not export "only 82mb file" 300 ppi as TIFF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction : "I can export 1,7 gb file with 300 ppi as .TIFF with no problem with my old intel iMAC"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nihan29405724j2jv,

Thanks for sharing the screen recording, information and testing it extensively with different files. I really appreciate it.

I checked with the product team, and they are unable to replicate the same at their end and have requested a sample file in which you are encountering the issue.

Looking forward to your response & file.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines