Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum artboard dimension insufficient

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just a question. I need to prepare a graphic file to be printed for a booth wall in an exhibition.

The dimension of the wall is (w) 5792 mm x (h) 2580 mm. The max width dimension of Illustrator artboard is 5779,558 mm.

How can I proceed?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Valentina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

I had the same problem when doing graphics for large format banners. They were often 20+ feet and illustrator just cannot do that. As long as you are working with purely vector graphics, you can work at a smaller size. Just make sure your aspect ratio is correct ( say @ 50% to make it easy) the rip software of your output device will scale it up however needed. I would still recommend contacting your printer to make sure everything is kosher.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valentina,

You may work in scale, then scale up with PDF, 1:10 is simple (mm instead of cm)

Remember that possible images must have the right size (pixels x pixels), and Document Raster Effect Settings must be scaled up.

And you can send a feature request,

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the prompt help Jacob!

Just another clarification: how to scale up making the PDF?Is it possible to define the dimension while you create the PDF?

Thanks again

Valentina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact the printer. Now.

Talk to them how to set up the document. You will need to talk to them anyway when sending off the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when doing graphics for large format banners. They were often 20+ feet and illustrator just cannot do that. As long as you are working with purely vector graphics, you can work at a smaller size. Just make sure your aspect ratio is correct ( say @ 50% to make it easy) the rip software of your output device will scale it up however needed. I would still recommend contacting your printer to make sure everything is kosher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why workaround when Adobe can fix the canvas limit? When Adobe gets bought out by foreign countries, they work like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem while i working for the exhibition designs. so you can create this size in CorelDraw using illustrator file. save your file in .eps format and open it in CorelDraw. now you can create a PDF file for printing with 6000mm size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do uour work and and use C+option+shift to export the image to a PNG file. The export will give you a percentage for the output. I've used 200% and it goes fine so I would assume you could do the math and  incresase the percentage.

Or if you are using a mac open the final image in Preview (windows has a similar app) and change the size under the Tools menu and save it as a new file to preserve the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is no longer and issue in 27.0.1, artboard can be 57795.5833 mm x 57795.5833 mm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines