Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Bleed lines PDF's saved and exported from ai and Indesign

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone having issues with Illustrator and Indesign saving PDF's with missing bleed lines?

A 3mm bleed is setup in "document settings" and "Use document bleed settings" check box has been ticked when saving or exporting, this is happening to me in both Illustrator and Indesign.

I have tried to get help from Adobe support they had remote access to my computer and couldn't sort it, still waiting for a call back.

If anyone could help it would be most appreciated

Thank you 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it doesn't draw the printer's marks? Or the bleed itself?

Did you already try and rebuild the preferences? This is something that has affected the writing of PDFs recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can show the bleed lines in Acrobat and Reader by going to Preferences> Page Display> Show art, trim & bleed boxes. You can also use Output Preview to toggle the bleed lines on & off. The size of the pdf, indicated in the bottom left corner, will also confirm the PDF has bleed, because the size will be larger than the intended trim size.

Bleed box.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines