Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse cursor is invisible in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently got a Surface 4 running Windows 10. Just downloaded AI and my mouse cursor is completely invisible when hovering anywhere in the program.

Any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-mouse-cursor-disappears-win-surface-chrome.html

Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10

If you have the Show location of pointer feature on your computer, you can just press the Ctrl key on the keyboard to make the mouse pointer appear on your computer.

If the above method doesn’t work, you can do these things to have a try:

1. Update the drivers for mouse and other pointing devices. You can go to the Device Manager to do this job.

2. If you are using a wire

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-mouse-cursor-disappears-win-surface-chrome.html

Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10

If you have the Show location of pointer feature on your computer, you can just press the Ctrl key on the keyboard to make the mouse pointer appear on your computer.

If the above method doesn’t work, you can do these things to have a try:

1. Update the drivers for mouse and other pointing devices. You can go to the Device Manager to do this job.

2. If you are using a wireless mouse, you need to make sure that the battery is OK. Disconnect and disconnect the mouse to check whether the mouse pointer appears.

3. Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options and uncheck Hide pointer while typing. Then, you can go to see whether the mouse cursor appears.

4. Run Antivirus software to rule out the virus issue.

5. Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see this behavior with Adobe Illustrator or other apps as well? In addition to Mike's helpful response earlier, I'd like you to try creating a new profile on your machine & observe the behavior. Additionally, make sure you have updated Windows 10 to the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I have the same disappearing mouse cursor in illustrator..the cursor is visible on all other applications including Photoshop. The cursor works for a while and then disappears. 

I unchecked the "hide cursor" option. It worked for about 10 mins then disappeared again. 

Hope you can help. 

Thanks

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

We are sorry to hear about this. Would you mind checking & confirm if closing the other apps that are open help or not? Also, Would you mind running the app in Safe Mode  (MacWindows)? In Safe Mode, your system starts to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening, which may interfere with the cursor.

Also, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• OS & version of Ai
  • Which apps are you running simultaneously with Ai?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Mr. Saini

I am also facing the same problem in my adobe illustrator windows version. The clicks are alright, but the mouse cursore isn't visible. It also invisible when i am using pentool and others. But the click happens.Screenshot 2024-03-21 234243.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/48142784

If the latest update for the Insider Preview fixes that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have been facing the same issue, its been very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines