• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving shapes along different planes on the Perspective Grid

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am working with a fixed perspective grid that I have set myself.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to move shapes with perspective along a different plane?

When drawing a square for example attached to a perspetive plane it can be moved and still retain it's perspective using the Perspective Selection Tool- however this tool only allows the shape to move either up or down within the perspective grid (X or Y) im wondering if there's a way to select it to move along the Z axis- either further back into the image or closer to the front.

I cannot alter my perspective grid as the whole piece is build around a fixed perspective with selected vantage points so I can't attach the plane to the shape and move it that way or id have to go back and reset my grid after. Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Press the key 5 while moving the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the key 5 while moving the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you- whilst you're answering and seem knowledgable- do you know if there's a away to move multiple objects on different planes simultainiously? A cube for example made of shapes on X, Y & Z- can I move all 3 shapes at the same time in perspective?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately you cannot do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines