Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi page PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

In my office we have two computers, both running the latest versions of Illustrator. We have multi-page PDF's that we need to open in Illustrator and edit. My colleague is able to open the PDF in illustrator, choose which page they would like to edit and then make adjustments. They do not open multiple artboards - only the page which needs editing. When they go to Save, it is saved as a PDF with all of the other pages still in tact even though they weren't visible in Illustrator.

However on my computer, I can do exactly the same thing, but when I click Save, it only saves it as a one-page PDF and I lose the remaing pages. Is there something simple that I'm missing on my computer? I'd prefer not to open every page of the PDF in Illustrator across several artboards.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi @Nathan22148242akgt,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I am unable to replicate the issue you are facing. The only way I am able to reproduce the issue you have described is if I do a Save As instead of a normal save.

I would recommend updating the app & OS and resetting the Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if it helps when you turn off "Save in background" in the ILlustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately that hasn't solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure this box is un-checked...

JohnMensinger_0-1652887484306.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that box is unticked. I can edit the page in Illustrator so it's not been imported as a link. However, when I click Save, it overwrites the multi page PDF with the single page I've been working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you edit the page, use Acrobat Pro to open the original multi page PDF and "insert page" in Pro.  Always work on copies. When you insert the page, Acrobat Pro will ask you if you want to replace existing page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nathan22148242akgt,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I am unable to replicate the issue you are facing. The only way I am able to reproduce the issue you have described is if I do a Save As instead of a normal save.

I would recommend updating the app & OS and resetting the Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

Also, please check if moving the PDF to Desktop and then editing resolve the issue or not? If yes, please confirm where the PDF was saved earlier.

If this doesn't work, please share a small video of your workflow demonstrating the issue. This would really help us understand the issue you are facing, and we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines