• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple page pdfs, edit single page doesn't save back to multiple page doc any more

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to open individual pages of a multipage pdf in Illustrator, make edits, and then save it; the save would replace the individual page in the original multipage pdf. Today it is replacing the original pdf with the single page only. What has changed? How do I get my workflow back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't repeat the issue, all works as general. What is your OS and AI version? Could you please show the before/after files, for example, in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 Enterprise The issue came up in AI23.1. I just tested in AI23.0.2 and it worked fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't share the files. They are multiple page schematics, I simply resize artboards and the content a bit to make print ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. If I get your query correctly, after you edit the single page from multipage PDF when you save it, it replaces the complete file with that single page instead of just updating that single page in the original file. I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Operating system and Illustrator version.
  2. In which software that file was created ?
  3. Could you please share the step by step workflow, it would be great if you can share a small video of the issue.
  4. Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes please share the doucment with us so that we can check, in case if it is not confidential.
  5. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you choosing all when opening or saving. Without you sharing screenshots, so we can trace exactly what you did, is difficult to assist you. We do not know what you did and have very little to go by.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.31.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.32.45 PM.png

What did your artboards panel look like, did you have multiple pages????

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the OS and AI versions are listed above. Rishabh had the process correct. The process worked fine in the past and works fine on my laptop with AI 23.0.2 but not on the system with AI 23.1. There have been updates on that system although our IT department doesn't provide details on that. I think AI was just updated too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed information. Will it be possible for you to share the sample file? This will help us replicate the issue and report it to the Product team if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Whenever I open this and get the "PDF Import Options" I entered page one and made the text edits I needed to and then hit save and closed.  I clicked on the file again from the home page to edit the next page and it just opening page 1 again.  I opened the .pdf in acrobat to attempt an edit there and it only showed the first page. The .pdf was generated by "Cape Truckfill by Esko".  I was going to attach the .pdf it outputs, but looks like that's not an option for security purposes I assume.  This has only happened since installing the latest AI update.  When i was trying to figure it out, my co-worker has the same thing happening since the update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having same issue on MAC .

I have all the latest and most crappy updates, as Adobe gives out the last 12 years.

Just from one version to another.

nothing saves anymore to a multipage PDF. Only one page remains after saving.
This for me, after the rip-off Pantone books, it is the most terrible thing happening, as i edit about 30 Multipaged PDF's a day.

And yes , i still take time to report this now.

Even though i totally gave up on Adobe last year. 

It is good anymore, update after update gets worse.

Also Adobe$ does not care anymore, the money still pours in even if they release crap after crap. (that's subscription deal for ya)

But it is a big shame and a slap in the face  to the few adobe workers and customer support workers that still do their best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening one page of a multipage PDF, editing it and then just saving works for me without an  issue. https://youtu.be/Z263YxWjPFQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End so?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would start with a system reboot.

Also: always work (keep your files and save to) on your local harddisk (not on a server and maybe not in synchronized folders).

Turn off "Save in background" in the preferences

If that doesn't work: reset the preferences

Still doesn't work: uninstall, run the Cleaner tool and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines