Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My selection tool cannot scale

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

My Illustrator is not allowing me to resize anything. Textbook, image, shape - using the selection tool. Whenever I try to, it just moves the object around  instead of changing the size.

I am working on a Mac, and I have updatede Illustrator to the latest version. I have tried to reinstall the program and I have tried to restart my computer but nothing works ...

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annemette,

How about Shift+Cmd+B (or View> Show Bounding Box)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, but when I have different shapes than a regular square, it makes a box around the shape. Normally I can scale from any corner without this "extra" box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the selection tool, you can scale using the control points of the bounding box. If you use the Scale tool, you can scale by clicking and dragging anywhere on the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines