• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Name of effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Illustrator and I have been diying to an effect like the one in the picture where the color of the car lopk like smudge or fading. But since i don't know if this has a name I have not been able to look for a video on how to achieve this. Can someone help telling me how is this call or do it?55807c6c8cbf3dea622beb40277aa65a.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

You are most likely better off with Photoshop. I would draw the underlying car in AI and bring it in for those final painterly effects into PSD like you have done here. I don't think you will be able to get as fine and as delicate as the effects as you have already started to achieve in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a name for it.

It' just painted, looks like acrylic or oil painting (or an wmulation of analog techniques)

You will have a hard time achieving this in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Have you already tried something to draw the car? If so, have you discovered some ways to come close to the desired result? Perhaps brushes, "dirty" gradient meshes or something else?

Or are you just looking for an instant one-click effect to convert a photo of the Beetle to a quaint loveliness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew the car and I am using smudge or  the air brush to get a similar effect in photoshop but I wanted to know if there was an effect that i could use in illustrator or a tool.Asset 29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most likely better off with Photoshop. I would draw the underlying car in AI and bring it in for those final painterly effects into PSD like you have done here. I don't think you will be able to get as fine and as delicate as the effects as you have already started to achieve in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are really just looking for some quick instant effects, you may find a couple of ways in the (artistic) sections of the Effect Gallery (see Effect menu).

Note that all of them are raster effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines