Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to export a .plt file

Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can export a logo to a .plt file using AI CS4 (or any CS4 program)?  I need to have a logo laser etched on products and the only file format that the program accepts is .plt.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an AutoCAD print/plotter file. Not sure what you can do with an AI file to get it to a .plt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps export it to .dfx or .dwg and have the fabricator translate that for you.

Funny I would think the fabricated would have  copy of Illustrator for this purpose since so many AI users send to vinyl cutters?

You should contact the fabricator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't going to a fabricator.  I work for a manufacturing company and they want to laser etch our logo (and those of our OEMs) onto some of our products.  The machine only accepts .plt files.  I'll export it as a .dfx or .dwg and have one of our engineers transfer it to .plt w/ AutoCad. 

Thanks guys!

Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could download the drivers from HP to create a virtual printer, and make a .plt file yourself. But if this is a one time thing only, follow your original plan to have someone else convert a .dwg for you  to .plt so you don't have to download and install software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help me with the software name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plt files are HPGL files - Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language. AutoCAD and most all CAD programs support(ed) the format. If you have a link to your logo, post it. I can convert it to a plt file and send you a link to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines