• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Illustrator update not showing Tabloid size in "Media Size" print option.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Another annoying glitch/issue with new illustrator CC 2018 upgrade has is that when you want to print there is no Tabloid option anymore in the Media Size drop down menu.  We tried to add as a custom size in page set up, and despite it being named manually as "tabloid" it shows up as "other" which is annoying.  And on top of that when we entered the correct dimensions of a Tabloid page it still printed as letter size.

ILLUSTRATOR PEEPS PLEASE ADD TABLOID BACK TO PRINT MEDIA SIZE OPTIONS, YOU'RE KILLIN ME SMALLS!!!

Thanks,

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got "11 x 17" here in my Media Size menu.

Assuming that's the size you need, you may need a preferences reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That list gets really long and can be annoying on some printers. Wanted to add that on Mac you can type  first character to advance to the size you need. Just do not type the 2nd character. Might work on windows also.

Those names come from your printer driver, so yo may indeed have tabloid, just hit "T" and no other characters, and that can help.

If the size you need is still missing, download the latest print driver for your printer and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but there is no option for Tabloid and our driver was updated yesterday. Using CC2018 on a Mac OS X High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/J+Reed+Anderson  schrieb

I tried this but there is no option for Tabloid and our driver was updated yesterday. Using CC2018 on a Mac OS X High Sierra.

As has already been stated: your printer driver might not have it.

Do you get the option in other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI J Reed,

Can you please see some screenshots so we have something better to go on for respond to your issue.Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.09.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.10.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option above "US Letter" in the dropdown is "Custom size", which is grayed out.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 4.05.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this? Canon obviously considers Tabloid to be obsolete.

Screen+Shot+2018-08-09+at+4.05.10+PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the latest driver and installing.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5000 Series

Depending on the print driver might be called 11 x17, Tabloid, US Tabloid, etc. So look carefully after install as can be easy to miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, Mike. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem and there's still no option for 11x17 paper (or any of the other names for it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the option in other software?

Seeing as this has been characterized as an Illustrator update issue, the answer to that question would of course be a key to determining whether it indeed is that, but it's gone unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about if you click on PPD dropdown, do you have a better option than generic?

Do you get 11 x 17 in any other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only options in Illustrator's PPD dropdown are for Default and "Other". Clicking "Other" prompts me to browse for a file, but I don't know where a useful file would be.

InDesign CC 2018 has an option to add a custom size, which I created as 11"x17" and named "Tabloid", but there's no way for me to pick which feed tray the printer uses and setting it to print using the "Custom/ 11x17" option prints it out on a standard 8.5x11 sheet. Interestingly, the graphics printed on the 8.5x11 sheet are scaled to 11x17, so it looks like someone printed an 11x17 sheet and then trimmed the top and right edges of the paper to make it an 8.5x11.

Photoshop CC 2018 can detect the custom "Tabloid" size that was created in InDesign, but the Tabloid option is grayed out in Photoshop's print window.

Thank you to everyone for your help so far. This is very frustrating, because I have all these options on my computer, but my coworker does not (which is what I'm trying to fix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your computers page setup look the same as your coworker using the generic ppd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines