• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not saving, just creating a .tmp file and all the work is gone

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that's been happening the last month or so. I make dozens of files a week, most no problem so I do go back and check that the ai file has been saved, usually I just check the pdf or other export. Well surprise surprise, every so ofter when you hit save in illustrator it doesnt do that, just creates a .tmp file and all the work is gone. This has happened on both my desktop and mobile setup on laptop. Both computers are updated with the latest illustrator version. I see on the bug reports this is happening to a lot of people.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h version, which system?

Exactly where do you save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version, 26.3.1
Windows 10, most recent update
Saved locally on hard drive, same drive illustrator is installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Not running any anti-virus. My computer is literally just adobe and cad programs, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full disk access?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try that, it does have full disk access. This is an issue that happens 30% of the time. My current workaround is "Save-as" and selecting the same file. Save is too risy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a situation of it happening right now. Opened an AI file I last opened in February to add another label. Export went fine. Save created that ~ai-516b298b-54a3-40a3-aa9d-28c0e465e375_ file instead up updating the ai file down below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care so they can log into your system. That screenshot is too small I can't see what you're doing there.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines