• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[!now] error message whenever I try to export files

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this error message has randomly started happening since i updated illustrator. I have done a clean windows install and it still happens. All I am doing is trying to export designs at 300dpi as a png. I cannot export anything now. And as a work around I have to copy the designs to photoshop and export using that. However I don't like this option as the file is not a vector anymore. I have searched the internet everywhere and can't find anyone with this issue. Please HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

I was having this problem too; I checked "Use Artboards" when exporting and then it worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

We had this issue solved via renaming the path to the file — it was too long for the system (Windows 10, Illustrator CC2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

If your artboard is too big, it won't let you export as. I ran into this issue when I thought my artboard was 1920x1080 PIXELS when in fact it was in INCHES. Doh!! Try double checking the size of your artboard and see if that helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Had the same issue with a big file. As I lowered the dpi from 300 to 72 it worked...dunno if it's because there's a 72 dpi raster file in the project, because I have too little free RAM or because the file is too big...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Hello! I was having this same exact problems and the other solutions were not working when I went to export normally (file -> export as -> png with artboard selected). Instead of doing that, try right-clicking the asset you want to export and hit export selection. I was able to export my files this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Do you have any third party plugins in Illustrator?

A Wacom?

A printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running Illustrator CC 2017 on windows 10 64 bit and have no third party plugins at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error and I am on a Mac with Illustrator CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same probblem, did anyone find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Katja+Trolle+Taksholt  schrieb

Got the same probblem, did anyone find a solution?

Which version of Illustrator?

Which system?

Where are you traing to save the file?

Which export method?

What kind of file are you saving? If it's not a PNG, please create your own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello can you help i have the same issue 

im using win11 

i cannot export to any file from AI file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem when try to export file in png in 300 dpi. Any soution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/r+ra1746432  schrieb

I am having the same exact problem when try to export file in png in 300 dpi. Any soution?

Please answer the questions in #5

Also: how large is the artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help #1 for IRS what is available soulution for the Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Encountered it today.

System/Software Specs:

Illustrator CC 21.1.0 (64-bit)

Windows 7 Professional

Trying to save the file to a network drive

Export method : Export > Export As... > Use Artboards

I am trying to save a large (600in x 72in) image at 300dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too; I checked "Use Artboards" when exporting and then it worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible! Thank you I've been suffering all morning! Perfect fix!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i encountered this with very large scaled vectors. I discovered it was trying to export 32000 pixels wide. i actually fixed it by opening it in photoshop and scaling from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this issue solved via renaming the path to the file — it was too long for the system (Windows 10, Illustrator CC2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same problem here.

Which version of Illustrator? 23.0.3 64-bit

Which system? Windows 10 Home

Where are you trying to save the file? External SSD and desktop

Which export method? Export As > Use Artboard > 300ppi, Type Op, Transparent.

What kind of file are you saving? If it's not a PNG, please create your own thread. PNG, 128in x 62 in (tablecloth design), CYMK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a CMYK PNG file. You must choose a different format, or give up on CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just switched color mode... no success. any other solutions?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, you are getting an error while exporting files. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator.
  • Where the files are being exported (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Share the screenshot of the error.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please do take a backup of the same before trashing them and share it with us. You can zip the folders, upload it to creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

same issue occured with me

i am using adobe illustrator 2020 on macbook air m1

none of the solution worked for me..

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys i had this too but once i uncheck the art option it work just fine (if you worry about loosing the dimension creat a transparent path over your art board so you get the dimension just right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i have the same issue can you help me 

im using win11 and adobe illustrator 2022 26.0.1 

im export it into system HDD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kien30948049g8st  schrieb:

hello i have the same issue can you help me 

im using win11 and adobe illustrator 2022 26.0.1 

im export it into system HDD 

There are a couple of correct solutions marked in this thread. Did you try them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the problem. If using AI 2020 export using Export for screens > Artboards > Export Artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines