• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object disappeared

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I perhaps foolishly took away the fill and stroke on layers of a project I'm working on, with the intention of going back later and adding fill colors, however when I drag the selection tool across my artboard no paths or anchors are are selected.  I have Show Edges selected.  The weird part is that most of the layers I did this too, the selection tool was able to pick up the paths and I filled them no problem, there's just a few layers that appear blank, but shouldn't be.  Is there any reason my paths would remain invisible or have I just lost my art?  Thank you for any response!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Have you tried viewing the file in the Outline mode (View>Outline). This will show the whole file in just outlines. Any object, even ones with no stroke and/or fill can be seen there. Also make sure that you have not accidentally hidden any objects (Object>Show All). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the eye icon in the Layers panel? Cmd or Ctrl click to change view mode.

Can you see the contents of the layer and select it in Outline Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i've toggled the eye icon, the layer looks blank on the side where the layer previews are, but it would since the art has an empty fill and stroke.  I also tried switching between outline and preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried viewing the file in the Outline mode (View>Outline). This will show the whole file in just outlines. Any object, even ones with no stroke and/or fill can be seen there. Also make sure that you have not accidentally hidden any objects (Object>Show All). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Show All did it!  Thank you!  not sure how i hid them in the first place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines