• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object is not snapping exactly to grid.

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started doing isometric things in illustrator in the last few days. For this I made a grid which represents exactly the right perspective and added this as a guideline in illustrator.
My problem now is that any objects I want to align to the grid do not snap exactly to the grid. They snap roughly to the grid but not exactly right and that bothers me a lot because it creates gaps. Actually, I don't need any other smart guides except the grid, because I only orient myself to it anyway. Do you have an idea how to solve my problem?
In the video you can see my exact problem and every time the object snaps either too far or too short no matter which guides I use. The object also has the same size as a grid box.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have other options for snaping activated as well, so be sure you have activated only snap to point and others deactivated

MarioArizmendi_0-1646670017964.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick respond. I unchecked every snaping option except for smartguides obviously and snap to point and its the same issue... i have recorded another video, the object has the same size as the grid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with a vector object? use the path tool and make a vector point to point on the grid, to see if it works. If does, then the problem is the object you are using (I can see is a pixel object placed), may be is not exactly the size, so you can use a cliping mask applied to the pixel object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The object is a minecraft texture wich is exactly 16x16 px and the grid is also 16x16 but even if the object is not exact that size it should be able to snap at least to one edge perfectly right?

When i create a vector path it snaps to diferent points around the real edge of the grid and sometimes to the grid but its very hard to hit that point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen you press Strg while moving the object, does snapping get better?

Also: in Voreinstellungen > Intelligente Hilfslinien: are all the checkboxes checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines