Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object moves when I click on it

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Illustrator .]

Whenever I click on an object to select it, it jumps to the right. The same thing happens when I double-click a group to edit it. Any idea on how to fix this? I tried using a different mouse...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Are you using "RightZoom" - this could be the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Try Ctrl E to toggle out of GPU preview into CPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in the non-technical Lounge.

AdobeLounge-screenshot-newbies.png

Please tell us which software you are using so a moderator can move this discussion for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... Illustrator

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Illustrator preferences.

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using "RightZoom" - this could be the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to thank you for this comment. I had this for half a year and it was really, really annoying. I was looking for a solution, but couldn't find a solution.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem in Indesign (only the object moves up and to the left).

RightZoom was the reason. Thank you so much ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Rightzoom??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My God This just happens to me. The object moves when I click and I am not using RightZoom...So annoying! Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and RightZoom is not the issue for me. Did you ever find out how to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Uel5EAA,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try rebooting your computer in Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what rightzoom is but I was able to fix this issue by restarting my computer and illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Ctrl E to toggle out of GPU preview into CPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines