• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects jumping around when moving

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have done the latest Illustrator update, sometimes when I go to move an object with the selection tool, holding shift to keep the object level, the object won't move where I want it to. A green circle with a plus sign in the middle of it appears, and the object jumps all over the screen or jumps back to where it was, and makes a sound. It is very frustrating. It isn't a snapping issue. I have never had this problem until recently.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @SPEEDBALL 2.0,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind resetting the Illustrator v26.5 preferences and checking if that helps?

If it doesn't, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic Mouse or touchpad & sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue would be really helpful for us?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super frustrating. I have this problem in Illustrator 26.5, macOS Monterey 12.4 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max 14 tum, 2021. Had this problem, but then it disappeared and now it is back again. Cannot work in Illustrator any more. What is going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SPEEDBALL 2.0,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind resetting the Illustrator v26.5 preferences and checking if that helps?

If it doesn't, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic Mouse or touchpad & sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue would be really helpful for us?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue, was there any solution? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sol5D50,

I understand that you're experiencing the same issue with objects jumping around in Adobe Illustrator. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

As per my previous response to SPEEDBALL 2.0, resetting the Illustrator preferences may help resolve the issue. If you haven't tried it yet, you can reset the preferences by going to Illustrator > Preferences > General (macOS) or Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) and then clicking on the "Reset Preferences" button & restart Illustrator.

If resetting preferences doesn't resolve the issue, it would be helpful if you could provide more information about your setup. Are you using a Magic Mouse or a touchpad? Additionally, if you could share a small recording demonstrating the issue, it would greatly assist our team in investigating and resolving the problem.

Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm also experiencing this issue along with several colleagues. I tried the above suggestions, but it's still not working. I'm running on OS Ventura. Could it be an issue with the M2 chip? I recently got a new MacBook and previously hadn't experienced this issue with the Intel previous processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jellswin,

I am sorry to hear about this. I can understand your frustration. It would be really helpful if you could show a small recording of the issue and share a sample file in which this is happening. Also, please confirm the exact macOS & Illustrator version.

I will forward this info to the product team and further investigate this.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Thanks for your response. I've uploaded a video to show you the issue. The only thing I attempted to do is select objects. I selected or shift selected then reset using CMD Z to undo and start over. The movement and jumping is all from trying to select boxes. 

I'm happy to take more video and send a sample file if that will help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jellswin,

Thank you for sharing the screen recording with us. The behavior you are experiencing is quite unusual. To further investigate this issue, please try booting into the system safe mode (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac) and launch Illustrator to see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if the issue is related to third-party applications or system settings. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this issue and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Anshul. I booted in safe mode and Illustrator worked as expected. There was no glitch. I'm worried I'll never get this resolved now if it is a third-party issue. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the issue goes away in safe mode, it indicates that the problem is likely caused by a third-party app or service, @jellswin. Here are some steps you can take to try and identify the culprit:

1. Make a list of all third-party apps and services that are currently running on your computer in normal mode when Illustrator starts showing this behavior.
  2. Reboot your computer in safe mode again and open Illustrator first.
  3. Then launch other third-party apps and services one by one.
  4. Keep testing Illustrator after launching every third-party app until you find the one that is causing the problem.

It may take some time and effort to identify the culprit, but once you do, you can either uninstall or update the app or report it to its developer.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines